Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Two giant pharaoh statues unveiled in Egypt

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

Two statues of Amenhotep III have been restored to their original spots in the ancient city of Luxor.

Amenhotep was a prominent ruler in ancient Egypt who controlled a vast empire covering the regions between modern day Iraq and Sudan. Having become the empire's ruler at the age of just 12, the celebrated pharaoh was memorialized with several impressive colossi.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...veiled-in-egypt

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,267 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

I saw photos of the statues, they are awe inspiring.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,407 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Still wonder how they managed to sculpt these things so precisely or move those enormous stones to build the pyramids.

#4    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostAshotep, on 26 March 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Still wonder how they managed to sculpt these things so precisely or move those enormous stones to build the pyramids.

not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens

Posted Image

#5    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 26 March 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

A lost science buried under tons and tons of sand!  Alien in nature of course!  The Martians had to go somewhere.

#6    Konga

Konga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Wonderfull. Last spring I went in ballon over the statues one early morning at sunset. Very nice to sail under the sky, drifting over the landscape.
Shortly after Egypt became less safe to visit. Sadly enough.

#7    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

As a child I can remember reading everything I could about ancient Egypt.  I was fascinated.  

I've always wanted to see the pyramids and ruins of ancient Egypt but there's no way I'd ever travel there.  

I just pray that ignorant people never get their way to destroy these ancient artifacts.

#8    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostMJNYC, on 26 March 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

As a child I can remember reading everything I could about ancient Egypt.  I was fascinated.  

I've always wanted to see the pyramids and ruins of ancient Egypt but there's no way I'd ever travel there.  

I just pray that ignorant people never get their way to destroy these ancient artifacts.

i was lucky enough of visit egypt on holiday for 2 weeks in sep/oct 06, started in cario down the nile to abu simbel then up to alexandra..
before doing on this trip, i was fearing because it was a majority muslim country...
but it turned out that in my experience there, the average people of egypt were very very very polite etc etc, more so than a well established gentleman people from the UK

Posted Image

#9    mxcx

mxcx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 26 March 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

A lost science buried under tons and tons of sand!  Alien in nature of course!  The Martians had to go somewhere.

Giants. Giants is the answer everyone is looking for. There are images in and around the pyramids as to how giants of all sizes cut, measured, carried, and placed. However, the technology was also there, as most engineers agree that the great pyramid was used to create energy or a chemical process of some sort. The history of giants has been covered up by the likes of the Smithsonian and other well off historical institutions. One would also ask, where are all of the bones? Well, a good answer to that would be, if we use the bible as a historical reference, that there were a little less than half a million nephilim on the earth at the time of the flood. Now, Im not talking noahs ark, im talking a flood referenced in every ancient country on earth. Half a million bodies, destroyed by water. Not that much comparatively speaking to the size of the earth. My point being, there has been a massive cover up when it comes to giants living on earth. Sure, Ra probably landed on the Spinx just like it says, and there was probably an opening on the back of it as well that has been filled in. SO the technology was there, but stones have to be cut and placed, and that needs manpower. This information is out there. In fact, in the Houston Museum of Natural Science, there was an Egyptian exhibit with a thirteen foot coffin. Not one person could give me an accurate statement as to the actual history of these giant coffins, but only there was an inscription on the side and top with the name of the original owner. They had technology beyond us, and the engineering is there to prove it, but the pictures on the wall, some that have been purposely destroyed, cannot lie. Its their history, and Egypt, along with the rest of the ones that can do so, covered it up. It would destroy anything ever taught in the last thousand years, along with religions, and the idea of who and what we are, and where we came from.
Search Result

Edited by mxcx, 26 March 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#10    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,840 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

View PostKonga, on 26 March 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Wonderfull. Last spring I went in ballon over the statues one early morning at sunset. Very nice to sail under the sky, drifting over the landscape.
Shortly after Egypt became less safe to visit. Sadly enough.

That really does sound beautiful  and exciting! Especially at the early morning sunset.  
   ( kidding you, :lol: .. you just mistyped i'm sure)       *  a warm Welcome to you Konga

Edited by lightly, 27 March 2014 - 12:40 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,407 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

lol me too.  I think they had a hand in a lot of things, maybe even us.

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,407 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostMJNYC, on 26 March 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

I would love to see the pyramids, but like you, I am afraid to go there.  I also hope they don't blow them up.

#13    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,407 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

View Postpaperdyer, on 26 March 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Would like to know whats under that Sphinx.

#14    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostAshotep, on 27 March 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

I would love to see the pyramids, but like you, I am afraid to go there.  I also hope they don't blow them up.

Zahi Hawass did say a few year ago, that 60%-70% of ancient egypt is still under the sands..
Theres more chance that the undiscovered be blown up than the ones that are already discovered

Posted Image

#15    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

View Postmxcx, on 26 March 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Giants. Giants is the answer everyone is looking for. There are images in and around the pyramids as to how giants of all sizes cut, measured, carried, and placed. However, the technology was also there, as most engineers agree that the great pyramid was used to create energy or a chemical process of some sort. The history of giants has been covered up by the likes of the Smithsonian and other well off historical institutions. One would also ask, where are all of the bones? Well, a good answer to that would be, if we use the bible as a historical reference, that there were a little less than half a million nephilim on the earth at the time of the flood. Now, Im not talking noahs ark, im talking a flood referenced in every ancient country on earth. Half a million bodies, destroyed by water. Not that much comparatively speaking to the size of the earth. My point being, there has been a massive cover up when it comes to giants living on earth. Sure, Ra probably landed on the Spinx just like it says, and there was probably an opening on the back of it as well that has been filled in. SO the technology was there, but stones have to be cut and placed, and that needs manpower. This information is out there. In fact, in the Houston Museum of Natural Science, there was an Egyptian exhibit with a thirteen foot coffin. Not one person could give me an accurate statement as to the actual history of these giant coffins, but only there was an inscription on the side and top with the name of the original owner. They had technology beyond us, and the engineering is there to prove it, but the pictures on the wall, some that have been purposely destroyed, cannot lie. Its their history, and Egypt, along with the rest of the ones that can do so, covered it up. It would destroy anything ever taught in the last thousand years, along with religions, and the idea of who and what we are, and where we came from.
    Search Result

Oh please please please tell me this is sarcasm. Please...............

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users