Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Creepy clown terrifies Staten Island

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

A mysterious man dressed as a clown has been appearing on streets all over the New York borough.

In a strange echo of the creepy clown phenomenon that freaked out Northampton in the UK last September, people have been taking to social media sites to post photographs and sightings of another creepy clown figure that has been popping up all over New York's Staten Island.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-staten-island

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    DemonicCupcake

DemonicCupcake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• "Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?"

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

That is a horrible publicity stunt. I mean, it is an attention grabber, but imagine how terrified kids in the area must be to go out when there is a creepy clown wandering around. That **** is terrifying when you are young.

#3    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

DemonicCupcake, on 26 March 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

That is a horrible publicity stunt. I mean, it is an attention grabber, but imagine how terrified kids in the area must be to go out when there is a creepy clown wandering around. That **** is terrifying when you are young.
Clowns never terrified me as a kid. Quite the opposite, actually.

And this guy looks like a regular, streotypical, boring clown - nothing creepy about him.

#4    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

similar story but about a devil baby in nyc scaring people in january 2014

Posted Image

#5    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 26 March 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

similar story but about a devil baby in nyc scaring people in january 2014
Wasn't that a promo for a movie?

#6    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Someone must send this "thing" back to the depths of hell or wherever it comes from! CLOWNS r $hitty.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#7    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

DemonicCupcake, on 26 March 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Would terrify me more now as an adult than when I was young. :P

Posted Image

#8    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

FLOMBIE, on 26 March 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Wasn't that a promo for a movie?
none the less its scaring people, be it the crazy clown or devil baby, and this story might also be a promo for a movie

Posted Image

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,720 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

~TheBigK~, on 26 March 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Would terrify me more now as an adult than when I was young. :P

Yeah...someone, who cannot be identified, lurking around creeps me out more now.

#10    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

I have been terrified of clowns from a very young age and still am.  Even happy seeming clowns, but this one is scary.  What kind of jerk would do that as publicity?  Does he think people will be more attracted to any product when the creepy clown makes them pee in their pants from fright when they see him on the street at night?

#11    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Where's Seely Booth when you need him!  He hates clowns.  He shot the clown head from an ice cream truck.  He'd take care of him.

#12    BitterOblivion

BitterOblivion

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

I think this is fun. Its better if its in public because then people can keep an eye on him....round 2 of Nottingham clown?

#13    mxcx

mxcx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Having a fear of clowns is a strange thing, and I do no understand it. Is the person chemically predestined to have these fears? Does it come from childhood? I've heard people say they were terrified the first time they saw it, which is strange, because fear like that without some sort of trauma seems hard to imagine, but its there. Fascinating.

#14    theotherguy

theotherguy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

mxcx, on 26 March 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Having a fear of clowns is a strange thing, and I do no understand it. Is the person chemically predestined to have these fears? Does it come from childhood? I've heard people say they were terrified the first time they saw it, which is strange, because fear like that without some sort of trauma seems hard to imagine, but its there. Fascinating.
If I remember correctly, it has something to do with the makeup and caricature of humanity. Clowns seem human, but are just different enough in appearance and action to not appear totally--sort of pseudo-human. John Wayne Gacy didn't help matters.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#15    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

I have two lines of thought on this...
  • I heard they are remaking Stephen Kings IT, maybe they got the marketing machine rolling early.

• He is just copying the guy who done this in the UK last year, who happened to trump him in the 'creepy' stakes.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 26 March 2014 - 08:18 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users