Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bionic Olympics to be hosted in 2016

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

The first Cybathlon, an Olympics for bionic athletes, will take place in Switzerland in October 2016.

The event will include a race where competitors control an avatar via a brain interface.  There will also be races for competitors wearing prosthetic limbs and exo-skeletons.

Hosted by the Swiss National Competence Center of Research, it is hoped the competition will spur interest in human performance-enhancing technology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-26766095

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

What no comments? I am keen to see advances in exo-skeletons and general robotics used to enhance human abilities, and shall be keeping an eye out for this!  It is the future - coming closer every day

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Not a big fan of Olympics but I will definitely watch this.

#4    DemonicCupcake

DemonicCupcake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" - Abe

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Why does this have to be two years away?

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostDemonicCupcake, on 29 March 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Why does this have to be two years away?

maybe they need time to sort it all out, venue, equipment, sponsors etc?

#6    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,393 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

Will Steve Austin be there he was the frist bionic man

Edited by coolguy, 31 March 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 31 March 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

Will Steve Austin be there he was the frist bionic man

I almost smiled then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users