Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] Mystery aircraft sighted over Amarillo, TX

texas ufo

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

View Posttaniwha, on 29 March 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

The real mystery then might be how does one believe they pick up voice traffic when taking a photo.

I used to have a scanner for picking up radio transmissions, used to love listening to police activity late nights in London, never a dull moment!!  its not unusual to have an earpiece in, in fact it makes what you hear a bit more crisp, a radio ham may be using a set of headphones.

Scanner
Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 29 March 2014 - 10:20 AM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#32    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,773 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they have fighters and bombers drones that can go into space like the shuttles.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#33    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,126 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

View Posttaniwha, on 29 March 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

The real mystery then might be how does one believe they pick up voice traffic when taking a photo.
They have things known as airband radios, with which one can listen in on transmissions from aircraft. However, how are they sure that that was what they were listening to? Presumably they were hearing something using a military callsign, but how were they sure that was what they were hearing?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#34    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Whatever it is, it's hauling ass.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#35    maximusnow

maximusnow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Science is a road trip and facts are the photos we take on the way, the fuel that propels us is ignorance.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Its a meteor....yep! or probably space Junk!

Nothing here to see people, return to your homes in an orderly fashion..

#36    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,090 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

The contrail from that object(likely USAF) appears to be singular, much like a rocket, indicating to me a serious supersonic situation.

Just my take...

#37    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

I wonder if this craft can float in the air like a dirigible and cruise slowly as well as fly transonic speeds like it is reported of triangle UFO's.

#38    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,126 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

It does look not entirely unlike an Me 163 Komet. :yes:

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb, 29 March 2014 - 06:45 PM.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#39    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

OP image

Avro Vulcan

Posted Image

Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 29 March 2014 - 06:56 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#40    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,405 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

AURORA?
(Psst! CT!)

Edited by toast, 29 March 2014 - 06:59 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#41    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,405 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 March 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

The contrail from that object(likely USAF) appears to be singular, much like a rocket, indicating to me a serious supersonic situation.
Or a tight pack of scramjet engines??

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#42    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

It also could very well be photoshopped.

This is a Work in Progress!

#43    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

View Posttoast, on 29 March 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

We now have 2014 mate and you can be sure that there is a lot of new stuff in the sky today. And it is probable
that you saw a SR71 in the 80s as some of them were based at the RAF base in Mildenhall those days.
Don't think it was an SR-71.  I had binocs, it was a arrowhead/delta white-silver in color, though I had no reference to gauge its height or actual size.  My attention was only drawn to it overhead because of a very loud single boom (itself very similar to the nocturnal booms that plagued southern Britain during 1977-78); this aircraft was leaving a single trail, but the trail only started from an odd small-but-expanding cloud; the weirdest aspect was that apart from the boom this thing was silent.  I was always left with the feeling that the pilot had just kicked in a rocket engine on some experimental dual-propulsion aircraft - I certainly had no reason to think it was anything but mad-made.

Edited by Oppono Astos, 29 March 2014 - 07:31 PM.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#44    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,126 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

why is this now under UFOs? It's obvious it isn't an extraterrestrial spacecraft, surely Science & Technology'd be a much more appropriate home for it.

- Philip K. Dick.

#45    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,126 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Posttoast, on 29 March 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

AURORA?
(Psst! CT!)
Don't think so, that, if it ever existed, which is doubtful, was purported to be much bigger, sort of SR-71 size.

- Philip K. Dick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users