Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Machine recreates images from your brain

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,662 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

So basically, you think of someone, anyone, specially their face. This machine then prints out the face you thought of!!

The machine that knows what you are thinking about: Groundbreaking mind-reading experiment reconstructs the faces people are looking at from their scans of their brains

Researchers used fMRI scans for experiments
    Were able to tell which faces subjects were looking at
    Could be used by police to identify criminals from witnesses brains
    Could also help reconstruct dreams
    Believed to be most advanced 'mind reading' experiment ever carried out

They say the discovery could allow witnesses to create e-fits simply by thinking about a criminal's face - and could even help reconstruct dreams.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2xM38cyKN

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    ThesillyfunnyguyIDK

ThesillyfunnyguyIDK

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

what if i want to see a face from a person that is in a book/novel????????????

Posted Image

#3    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Poltergeist

• 2,772 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Think of what North Korea can do with the future of this technology.

:cry:

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Why The Gospels Are Myth"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=mwUZOZN-9dc <-- "Why I Think Jesus Didn't Exist"

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,662 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

yes but its got a long way to go, get more refined etc

Posted Image

BUT..it did a good job on the womans face - to the right

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 29 March 2014 - 01:14 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,662 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 29 March 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Think of what North Korea can do with the future of this technology.

:cry:

I wouldn't have thought they could afford it, but how scary if they did - and they scanned you, and you were NOT thinking of the Great Leader 'Kim mentally ill'?

Edited by seeder, 29 March 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Poltergeist

• 2,772 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

View Postseeder, on 29 March 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I wouldn't have thought they could afford it, but how scary if they did - and they scanned you, and you were NOT thinking of the Great Leader 'Kim mentally ill'?

Exactly.

Kind of like a Logan's Run pulsing light, but on your forehead that warns when you are not thinking of the Dear Leader.

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Why The Gospels Are Myth"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=mwUZOZN-9dc <-- "Why I Think Jesus Didn't Exist"

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,460 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

this seems like it must be using some sort of computer program designed around reproducing human faces though?   What would it print out if you pictured a pyramid ?  Or a Spoon?       Interesting though..  it seemed to get the skin tone/shade fairly close

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,482 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

View Postseeder, on 29 March 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

BUT..it did a good job on the womans face - to the right

Posted Image
Oh boy, I hope the police do not take this on board just yet, looking at the above pics I can see a lot of wronful arrests!....mind you, the  reconstructions are so ugjy...arrest them anyway!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

In the future they'll just tattoo a alpha numerical code on the foreheads and the pictures need not be so accurate ... ~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#10    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

View Postseeder, on 29 March 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

It sure does.  This was a team led by and undergraduate. Give that person 8 more years to work on it and the results could be amazing.

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,662 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostRazer, on 29 March 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

It sure does.  This was a team led by and undergraduate. Give that person 8 more years to work on it and the results could be amazing.

:tu:  Exactly! We have a sci fi future whether we want it or not...

#12    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,862 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

I am already putting together the Undercurrent Resistance Council ~ I am not an image  ~ <_<

~ :w00t:

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,482 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 29 March 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

I am already putting together the Undercurrent Resistance Council ~ I am not an image  ~ <_<

~ :w00t:
your Alpha numerical code is ready, please collect from basement:

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,862 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Can I have mine about 6mm to the left ... to counteract my droopy eyelid and balanced out my handsomeness ~

'

#15    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:33 AM

If this was closer to Apil 1st, I'd say B.S.

Mmm. This is B.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users