Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Active Shooter Reported at Fort Hood in Texas

fort hood texas shooter

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Local news outlets are reporting that officials at Fort Hood, Texas, have confirmed an "on-base" incident that may be an active shooter. Local station KCEN-TV is saying that it has reports of several people have been injured, with at least one patient being taken to a hospital. The shooter may also still be at large.

http://www.thewire.c...ing-new/360067/

http://fox13now.com/...g-on-fort-hood/

Posted Image

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

NBC News reports there may be two shooters, one down, one at-large

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-253636461.html

Posted Image

#3    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,605 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

It's not like they didn't see it coming.

http://www.dailymail...S-soldiers.html

Edited by BiffSplitkins, 02 April 2014 - 11:31 PM.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#4    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,791 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

Well more workplace violence. Thank you political correctness.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,757 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

As of 6:48 CST shooter dead and 14 injured.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,822 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

Just saw there are 14 wounded and 3 dead but nothing is confirmed. Waiting for Obama to come on and make a statement. Links are old but headlines on CNN and FOX say the shooter may be one of the dead.

FOX just announced 4 dead.
http://www.foxnews.com/
Fox identified the shooter as spc. Ivan Lopez and said it happened in the motor pool area. He is alleged to have taken his own life.

Edited by susieice, 03 April 2014 - 12:20 AM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#7    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,926 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Check out stats on how many military veterans have committed suicide in 2014.  Will Obama address that?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,757 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:46 AM

View Postacidhead, on 03 April 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

Check out stats on how many military veterans have committed suicide in 2014.  Will Obama address that?
As badly as I dislike the putz I have to stand for him on this one.  It's not only Obama - Bush needs to be working for them tirelessly.  The pols are too gutless to institute a draft so they use patriotism to get guys in then make them do endless tours.  If it's worth shedding blood for then it should be done as fairly as possible.  The suicides are a stain on our country.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,822 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:56 AM

Fort Hood press conference says 3 victims and shooter dead, 16 wounded. Shooter served in Iraq in 2011. He had recently purchased the gun. He was married with kids. Was in the process of being diagnosed for PTS. He suffered from depression and anxiety.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#10    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,926 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

View Postand then, on 03 April 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

As badly as I dislike the putz I have to stand for him on this one.  It's not only Obama - Bush needs to be working for them tirelessly.  The pols are too gutless to institute a draft so they use patriotism to get guys in then make them do endless tours.  If it's worth shedding blood for then it should be done as fairly as possible.  The suicides are a stain on our country.

Just curious...

The suicides are a stain on the country no doubt.  What makes you believe instituting a draft would solve the problem of veteran suicide?  Through a more national collective guilt?  That doesn't solve the problem.   The stain will still exists... more then likely would explode.

Perhaps looking into why suicides have become an epidemic need serious looking into.  I'm afraid the answer has been said many times but isn't reported by the media and for good reason.  It's the drug companies.  Government backed drug companies.   Antidepressants.

Edited by acidhead, 03 April 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#11    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

Yet another example of someone with a mental illness who didn't get the help they needed, and will forever be portrayed as a monster. In no way do I support what he did and I feel bad for the deceased and incredibly bad for their families, but when is enough enough?

All shooters could've gotten help and support, yet we label them "mentally ill", and they have to live with that stigma, which obviously and unfortunately doesn't help their fragile minds. Society tends to ostracize such people, (especially in the minds of the shooters, even if it's imagined) and that makes them want to harm those who (in their minds) have failed them, society itself. These people aren't dumb. Once again, I do not support this type of behavior.

"He was (is) crazy, what a bad person!" Maybe that's what they are thinking before they commit these acts, and know that's how they will be portrayed, and in their unstable state, want to be portrayed that way. Usually people with depression and anxiety don't have the highest self-esteem.

Give them exactly, I mean exactly what they want, support them, and most importantly, don't give them access to a firearm.

Edited by andy4, 03 April 2014 - 04:42 AM.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#12    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,926 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

View Postandy4, on 03 April 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

Yet another example of someone with a mental illness who didn't get the help they needed, and will forever be portrayed as a monster. In no way do I support what he did and I feel bad for the deceased and incredibly bad for their families, but when is enough enough?

All shooters could've gotten help and support, yet we label them "mentally ill", and they have to live with that stigma, which obviously and unfortunately doesn't help their fragile minds. Society tends to ostracize such people, (especially in the minds of the shooters, even if it's imagined) and that makes them want to harm those who (in their minds) have failed them, society itself. These people aren't dumb. Once again, I do not support this type of behavior.

"He was (is) crazy, what a bad person!" Maybe that's what they are thinking before they commit these acts, and know that how they will be portrayed, and in their unstable state, want to be portrayed that way. Usually people with depression and anxiety don't have the highest self-esteem.

Give them exactly, I mean exactly what they want, support them, and most importantly, don't give them access to a firearm.

Apparently he was getting care.  He was in a program for returnees suffering from the above listed conditions.   This more then likely means he was on gov prescribed meds...... Antidepressants.

#13    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

View Postacidhead, on 03 April 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

Apparently he was getting care.  He was in a program for returnees suffering from the above listed conditions.   This more then likely means he was on gov prescribed meds...... Antidepressants.

I guess we will see when all the information comes out, however, I am sticking to my story, yet agree fully with yours as well.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,757 posts

Aristotle

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

View Postacidhead, on 03 April 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

Just curious...

The suicides are a stain on the country no doubt.  What makes you believe instituting a draft would solve the problem of veteran suicide?  Through a more national collective guilt?  That doesn't solve the problem.   The stain will still exists... more then likely would explode.

Perhaps looking into why suicides have become an epidemic need serious looking into.  I'm afraid the answer has been said many times but isn't reported by the media and for good reason.  It's the drug companies.  Government backed drug companies.   Antidepressants.
Maybe you are correct - I don't know but it would be interesting to see the data on how many of the suicides are on meds for depression.  I think it's the memories of the horrors they saw - and maybe took part in.  The idea of the draft means that many more would have to rotate through and so less time there for each.  Also it would create a sense of shared sacrifice - OR it would cause us to think much harder before committing ourselves to such conflicts.

#15    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Fort Hood: Investigation underway into what led to shootings

http://www.washingto...pm_national_pop

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users