Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meet Alani Santos

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

• One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.
    Bob Marley

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

On the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro the eight-year-old daughter of a pastor is giving hope to believers in places where poverty is rife.

In the slums of San Gonzalo, people flock to a small church where Alani Santos claims to exorcise demons and cure the sick.

"When the little missionary touches you, something will happen. You will be cured," says her pastor father.

Link to full article and source : http://www.ibtimes.c...n-slums-1443018

Edited by Saru, 03 April 2014 - 10:01 AM.
Trimmed for length

So do I have time for a last smoke and a pancake or what?

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,598 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

I see nothing particularly unusual here. Basically its just another child being used for religious purposes.

Again the power of suggestion can be strong regardless of who initiates it. It may simply be that people associate children with purity and innocence.

Whatever works, I guess.

#3    JustTerri

JustTerri

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• Do not tell me that the sky is the limit when there are foot prints on the moon....

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Yea I agree.

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,624 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

One of the claims is she cured a man who had HIV for 7 years.  Surely this is one that could be easily scientifically verified or debunked?  Why is that part of the process - where the doctor shows the positive HIV results of the 7 years previous and then the new results with a "clean bill of health" for peer and public review never included when these claims are being made?

*Awaiting results*

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 03 April 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

One of the claims is she cured a man who had HIV for 7 years.  Surely this is one that could be easily scientifically verified or debunked?  Why is that part of the process - where the doctor shows the positive HIV results of the 7 years previous and then the new results with a "clean bill of health" for peer and public review never included when these claims are being made?

*Awaiting results*
Would it really matter?  All they would need is a doctor that's in on it to falsify the records.

#6    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostRyu, on 03 April 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

I see nothing particularly unusual here. Basically its just another child being used for religious purposes.

Again the power of suggestion can be strong regardless of who initiates it. It may simply be that people associate children with purity and innocence.

Whatever works, I guess.
If the media would stop printing this crap, then it would eventually go away.  Would take years, however.

#7    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Libstak, at the shrine of Our Lady at Lourdes,France, they have a medical board to evaluate claims of miraculous healings.The doctors are not just catholic,but protestants,jews,etc. The paitents medical history is laid out before them,everything is care fully examined before they go and declare someone cured .They check out xrays,lab work etc. You can Google it. But I know what you are saying, it would be easier to believe if there was definte scientic proof of such claims.

#8    YukiEsmaElite0

YukiEsmaElite0

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• "If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?" - Anthrax, Schism

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

You know, at age 16, I can do exorcisms (and not even very well...), but curing the sick? What kind of illnesses? Perhaps they left on their own...

#9    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostHollyDolly, on 03 April 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Libstak, at the shrine of Our Lady at Lourdes,France, they have a medical board to evaluate claims of miraculous healings.The doctors are not just catholic,but protestants,jews,etc. The paitents medical history is laid out before them,everything is care fully examined before they go and declare someone cured .They check out xrays,lab work etc. You can Google it. But I know what you are saying, it would be easier to believe if there was definte scientic proof of such claims.
Yes there is a big difference between a pastor or a congragation claiming miracles and the church claiming miracles. Most of the time the church won't even approach something like this without some compelling reason. It's always interesting how most of these stories come from the poorest and most uneducated places around the world.

#10    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 03 April 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

If the media would stop printing this crap, then it would eventually go away.  Would take years, however.
They never will. People need hope. They will grasp at whatever straws they can to find it. The job of News is to sell News (and toothpaste). They will print what people want to read.

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

An 8-year old performing exorcisms?

Sorry, I think it's a total hoax/performance.

#12    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

It d0esn't matter th0ugh if its real or h0ax, i think d best thing is she gives h0pes to s0me..
And it w0uld be much m0re appreciated if they do it free..
I h0pe so.

#13    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

It's bs.. You can't just exorcise someone by a touch.

I can't believe some people are still so uneducated to flock to this.
You can tell by the pic she is a marketing scam.

#14    kingno.7

kingno.7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

View Postnohands, on 09 April 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

It d0esn't matter th0ugh if its real or h0ax, i think d best thing is she gives h0pes to s0me..
And it w0uld be much m0re appreciated if they do it free..
I h0pe so.

no hands,

exactly, she gives hope for others , i don't know whether they are doing it for money , but i know many other people healing the sick just like her , and of course its a big deal , but think the right way , i.e. god is healing people through her , and its a really precious gift which god has given her , and to many other prayer warriors similar to her. Actually i am conveying this message to you because , by reading your comments , i think that you are having a really good attitude towards the people around you , and i respect that. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.;)

kingno.7

#15    kingno.7

kingno.7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 10 April 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

It's bs.. You can't just exorcise someone by a touch.

I can't believe some people are still so uneducated to flock to this.
You can tell by the pic she is a marketing scam.

AliveInDeath7,

Its not her who exorcises people by a touch,its god touching people through her. I don't know whether you believe in god , but if you believe you will see and feel the healing and miracles that god is going to perform in your life.

kingno.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users