Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who are the Men in Black?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    Erik-Hegland

Erik-Hegland

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

Mib's are a Goverment agent's that intimidate

people about keeping quiet on event's
pertaining to UFO's....
Many like myself think that they are under

Draconian influence. They know alot and have

ton's of information.

Robtic like in personality.....

Erik hegland.....

#2    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

Posted Image

Edited by krypter3, 03 April 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#3    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

• "Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself" - Khalil Gibran

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

I see they "frickasied" your brain already.

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,095 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

They're fans of Johnny Cash.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

They are Umm... Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, and Will Smith

#6    GollyBuster

GollyBuster

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

The flaw in the argument that all MIBs are simpy 'government agents' is that it requires the proponent to either pretend that the considerable body of MIB accounts involving extremely bizarre/ paranormal behavior and events doesn't exist, or that the eyewitnesses to those encounters are somehow all delusional or lying, whilst the eyewitnesses to the more mundane, 'government agent'-type encounters are somehow not.

Both approaches are absurd and illogical; either all MIB accounts - the mundane and the bizarre - are falsified, or there are prosaic AND 'paranormal' (for lack of a better word) explanations for different manifestations of the phenomena.

Edited by GollyBuster, 03 April 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,421 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostErik-Hegland, on 03 April 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

Mib's are a Goverment agent's that intimidate

people about keeping quiet on event's
pertaining to UFO's....
Many like myself think that they are under

Draconian influence. They know alot and have

ton's of information.

Robtic like in personality.....

Erik hegland.....

If you want to look at the potential start of 'MIB' then I would suggest searching for the Maury Island event

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,690 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Funeral directors.......unless the fashion changes, they will be around for a long time.

I am not religious, but this does not make me anti religion.

#9    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,899 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 03 April 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

They are Umm... Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, and Will Smith

No, no, no...Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are the Men In Black, Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray are the Ghostbusters. (gotta keep these guys in the correct catagory!)

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#10    Grey Area

Grey Area

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostLilly, on 03 April 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

No, no, no...Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are the Men In Black, Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray are the Ghostbusters. (gotta keep these guys in the correct catagory!)

But Dan Ackroyd was one of the Blues Brothers

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No
matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there
first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,690 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Jeeze, Blue brothers, Ghostbusters, and Tommy and Will, this is all getting very confusing, why could they not just have worn jeans and a t.shirt?!!

I am not religious, but this does not make me anti religion.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

There's really nothing to it at all - they never existed except in the mind of a mentally disturbed Albert Bender and an unscrupulous author hoping to cash in on another UFO related tale.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4351

Men in Black

A look at the mysterious government agents said to intimidate those who witness flying saucers.

Are strange, pale, half-alien Men in Black a reality? They were to the troubled mind of Albert Bender. But obviously, more corporeal government employees do exist, and at least in the days of Project Blue Book, did go out into the field to interview UFO witnesses. But it's noteworthy that not one of those witnesses ever reported being threatened or harassed in any way. The Men in Black remain merely a comic diversion for modern cinema-goers, a source of pulp-fiction for authors like Gray Barker and the many who have followed him, and sadly, as a source of all-too-real torment for those few, like Albert Bender, who suffer from paranoiac distress.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    mister

mister

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Most of us have seen MIB's and don't even realize it. Everytime there's a crime in your neighborhood they are the guys that go around knocking on ppl's doors showing you facebook pictures of the local gangsters.

Some UFO incidents are really black ops so I could see why the military would knock on doors to see how much someone really witnessed, even if all they saw was a weather balloon.

#14    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,421 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostRafterman, on 03 April 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

There's really nothing to it at all - they never existed except in the mind of a mentally disturbed Albert Bender and an unscrupulous author hoping to cash in on another UFO related tale.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4351

Men in Black

A look at the mysterious government agents said to intimidate those who witness flying saucers.

Are strange, pale, half-alien Men in Black a reality? They were to the troubled mind of Albert Bender. But obviously, more corporeal government employees do exist, and at least in the days of Project Blue Book, did go out into the field to interview UFO witnesses. But it's noteworthy that not one of those witnesses ever reported being threatened or harassed in any way. The Men in Black remain merely a comic diversion for modern cinema-goers, a source of pulp-fiction for authors like Gray Barker and the many who have followed him, and sadly, as a source of all-too-real torment for those few, like Albert Bender, who suffer from paranoiac distress.

hmmm also from the link :

we find that the first time the phrase "Men in Black" was used was in a 1956 nonfiction book called They Knew Too Much about Flying Saucers, by UFO writer Gray Barker (1925-1984).

not entirely sure that this is the first time the 'phrase' was used, but what is certain is that the 'MIB' type of person was reported long before the suggested date of 1956.

This reminds me somewhat of the phrase 'flying saucer', everyone assumes that saucer shapes were only seen after Arnolds sighting and use of the phrase. This is incorrect, the shape was reported long before....how it is phrased is irrelevant when discussing what was seen and when.

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

We still Love our MIB`s

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users