Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Does ancient art contain a link to Mars?

chauvet cave art mars link face earth ancient

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16    Chauvet

Chauvet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

As you never supplied any source links, I used googles image search and found this thread with even more images

http://www.abovetops...thread912247/pg

Was this the source?

Either way, its still a NO!

It would seem you did not read my opening post.
I do not need a source.
I am the source.
I wrote an 80+ page book on the subject matter.

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,227 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostChauvet, on 04 April 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

It would seem you did not read my opening post.
I do not need a source.
I am the source.

I wrote an 80+ page book on the subject matter.

No on the contrary, I read the post, so are you saying the images are yours then? Or you acquired them from some website? And thats what I was getting at, the source of the pics provided.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,130 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Chauvet, I'm a little behind in catching up on this thread and your premise but one thing I must ask, have you any evidence to show that these 'links to Mars' are anything other than coincidence coupled with pareidolia? Something concrete and factual that separates your claim from speculation?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#19    Chauvet

Chauvet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

No on the contrary, I read the post, so are you saying the images are yours then? Or you acquired them from some website? And thats what I was getting at, the source of the pics provided.

Pictures of the cave art are freely available all over the internet. That is to say the pictures of the original art as seen if you were stood in front of it. Any crops, edits, etc you see here is something I've done in order to assist in presentation.

#20    Chauvet

Chauvet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 April 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

Chauvet, I'm a little behind in catching up on this thread and your premise but one thing I must ask, have you any evidence to show that these 'links to Mars' are anything other than coincidence coupled with pareidolia? Something concrete and factual that separates your claim from speculation?

I suggest you read through it first then before asking such a question, but in short, that's why I posted.. I did say that I was trying to get to the bottom of this possible link rather than making a claim that it is factual.
Do you not see the question mark at the end of the thread title?

To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that the majority, so far, has done their best to knock it rather than take some time to consider the possibility especially as this is an unexplained mysteries forum..

If it all is a lot of coincidence and pareidolia then there sure is a heck of a lot of it in one set of cave art..

#21    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,227 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostChauvet, on 04 April 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Any crops, edits, etc you see here is something I've done in order to assist in presentation.

Aha so this is what I was after!!  Id like your source links to the original images, un-cropped & edited etc. Its all well and good to isolate a part of an image and then suggest what it may be, but we need to see the bigger picture - no pun intended, to consider what it is has been cropped in the first place!

The below image has been cropped so you cant see other details, and its often claimed to be a grey alien in Egyptian art

Posted Image

However when seen in its entirety, its not an alien at all

Posted Image

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#22    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

This post is intended to be constructive criticism, and not a knock against your theory. I am willing to stipulate that you are an author and expert on the matter.

You have provided a connection between art in various places (Egypt, Chauvet, Austria), which is an interesting historical topic on its own. I do not think that you have provided enough independent support for a Mars connection. So far, your evidence consists of an eye-shaped crater, landforms that resemble cave art, and a portion of a cave painting that resembles a face. Is it not more likely that the Eye of Ra is derived not from a Martian crater, but the human eye that the artist would have seen every day? For the face, you claim that it could be an ancient astronaut. Could it not also represent, say, an ancient athlete? For the landforms, again, why do you suggest that the cave art represnts exactly those, and not a generic rhino, feline, or mushroom?

Again, I am not responding to your theory, only the evidence you have put forth so far in support of it. (I've had to rewrite too many college essays for exactly the same reason.)

Edited by theotherguy, 04 April 2014 - 07:02 PM.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#23    Chauvet

Chauvet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

View Posttheotherguy, on 04 April 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I do not think that you have provided enough independent support for a Mars connection.

Here lies a part of the problem :)

I'm sure we are all aware of that so called face on Mars.. this 'eye' shaped mound thing is not too far away from it in comparison to the size of the planet, so to speak.
It was an image that struck a chord with me when I saw it. I find it to be so very similar to the other pieces I've shown that if there was any shred of a possibility that they could be connected would be rather amazing. The idea stems from the way that the cave art led me to use google earth to look at the terrain, and from there i found i was looking at other earthlu images from around 150kms above the surface.. There is a portion of the art that appears to be a map and it is marked with several spots that suggested direction, so i followed them..

#24    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,355 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostChauvet, on 04 April 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Here lies a part of the problem :)

I'm sure we are all aware of that so called face on Mars.. this 'eye' shaped mound thing is not too far away from it in comparison to the size of the planet, so to speak.
It was an image that struck a chord with me when I saw it. I find it to be so very similar to the other pieces I've shown that if there was any shred of a possibility that they could be connected would be rather amazing. The idea stems from the way that the cave art led me to use google earth to look at the terrain, and from there i found i was looking at other earthlu images from around 150kms above the surface.. There is a portion of the art that appears to be a map and it is marked with several spots that suggested direction, so i followed them..

I'm sure you know the "face on Mars" is absolute and utter hogwash, right?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#25    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Berserker

• 2,384 posts

• Viking and Pagan at heart. Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 04 April 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Or you're manipulating an image to get the result you want.

I noticed that too.  Well, back to the thread.

Be warned...I am protected by gods that you are not prepared to deal with.

#26    Chauvet

Chauvet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Aha so this is what I was after!!  Id like your source links to the original images, un-cropped & edited etc. Its all well and good to isolate a part of an image and then suggest what it may be, but we need to see the bigger picture - no pun intended, to consider what it is has been cropped in the first place!

Yes, i've seen that image before too :) along with a lot of others. It is interesting to see what other see. I do understand everyones thoughts as i know we are all aware of the vast amount of faked footage and photoshopped images etc.
As for the links to originals, there are loads.. Take your pick :)
Chauvet cave art

full wall..

Posted Image

hippo section in original alignement
Posted Image

left section of full wall
Posted Image

Also you may be interested to see this video. This is a trailer for the full documentary that takes you on a complete walk through of the cave and it was whilst i was watching this docu that i realised there may be more to it than just simple cave art..
https://www.youtube....h?v=RcAwlnhRn2g

Edited by Chauvet, 04 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#27    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,130 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostChauvet, on 04 April 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I suggest you read through it first then before asking such a question, but in short, that's why I posted.. I did say that I was trying to get to the bottom of this possible link rather than making a claim that it is factual.
Do you not see the question mark at the end of the thread title?

To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that the majority, so far, has done their best to knock it rather than take some time to consider the possibility especially as this is an unexplained mysteries forum..

If it all is a lot of coincidence and pareidolia then there sure is a heck of a lot of it in one set of cave art..

So that is what you are working toward then? A fact based assessment of these proposed connections? Would you agree that such an assessment based on facts and solid evidence should be a prerequisite for any conclusions drawn from the aforementioned connections? Pointing out similarities, by the way, can't be used to support the similarities themselves. In order to claim a connection you need to find a purpose behind the cave art itself. I suggest an in depth look at the culture and society that produced them otherwise you are disregarding the very source material you are attempting to use.

Furthermore, there is much, much more coincidence and pareidolia all over the world/universe for those with the willingness to search for it. Your cave is just one example among countless. Humans are 'programmed' to find patterns however in a virtually infinite universe there are going to be patterns that come about simply at random with no inherent meaning or purpose. those patterns are what we call coincidental. Your job as the architect of this proposal is to show that these patterns are more than coincidence. Merely pointing out their existence is only the beginning and far too early to draw conclusions from. Even your use of the terms 'link' or 'connection' is a conclusion that is premature. That is why people are asking what you have that supports your proposed connection other than the similarities themselves.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#28    Chauvet

Chauvet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 April 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

you need to find a purpose behind the cave art itself. I suggest an in depth look at the culture and society that produced them otherwise you are disregarding the very source material you are attempting to use.

I believe i have covered that in my book and to put it in a nutshell here, it would appear to be the basis for the ancient Egyptian culture, which suggests that the culture and society that created the art in the first place was more advanced than the simple 'cave men' many believe them to have been.
Some believe that there was a society that was once far more advanced than presently understood. it's suggested that these people either built the pyramids or passed on the knowledge of how to build them, a feat we are not yet able to replicate.
Dr. Robert Schoch has also propeosed that the sphinx itslef is far older than we have been 'told'.. I recall mantion of something around 20 to 30 thousand years old.. If around 30,000 then that may tie in with the people who created the cave art.

Others are of the opinion that the pyramid style structures around the world are all based on the same culture and there is the excavation going on at the pyramid of the sun in bosnia right now.

#29    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,227 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostChauvet, on 04 April 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

I believe i have covered that in my book and to put it in a nutshell here, it would appear to be the basis for the ancient Egyptian culture, which suggests that the culture and society that created the art in the first place was more advanced than the simple 'cave men' many believe them to have been.
Some believe that there was a society that was once far more advanced than presently understood. it's suggested that these people either built the pyramids or passed on the knowledge of how to build them, a feat we are not yet able to replicate.
Dr. Robert Schoch has also propeosed that the sphinx itslef is far older than we have been 'told'.. I recall mantion of something around 20 to 30 thousand years old.. If around 30,000 then that may tie in with the people who created the cave art.

Others are of the opinion that the pyramid style structures around the world are all based on the same culture and there is the excavation going on at the pyramid of the sun in bosnia right now.

This thread didnt take long to deteriorate it - to the Pyramids did it?  Cave men existed way way before the Pyramids. The ancient Egyptians, like the ancient Greeks, Romans, Mesopotamians, were all indeed, intelligent humans...this is fact, and nothing to do with anything supernatural

#30    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,227 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostChauvet, on 04 April 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

there is the excavation going on at the pyramid of the sun in bosnia right now.

Not a pyramid at all, but a hill, start here for that topic

http://www.unexplain...c=258249&st=225

Also tagged with chauvet, cave, art, mars, link, face, earth, ancient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users