Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aliens in ancient Egypt?

egypt aliens

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#241    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,128 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostMister, on 12 April 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

I would broaden this question to "would an intelligent designer build a non-functional system?" And the answer is yes, humans (intelligent designers) build non functional systems all the time. Whether it's out of error or on purpose (like mock systems).

Sometimes we build systems that only appear to be non-functional to observers because the observers are not competent enough to understand them.
And what purpose would taking something that was once functional and making it non-functional serve?

But can you give me an example of a gene that's  non-functional?

And how does Darwinism explain these type of anomalies?
The GULO gene, in all apes including humans it has mutated to which it no longer aids in synthesizing vitamin C. These animals didn't die out because their diets include sources of vitamin C.

#242    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

This is a tough topic you have so many who believe aliens help build Egypt, and others who say no way!!! Many years ago I posted this very topic on here and caused a war. Lol. So I'm just going to post the question! The great pyramid has no art, no sign of a king ever being buried there, so what was the purpose of it.?

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#243    mister

mister

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 12 April 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

And what purpose would taking something that was once functional and making it non-functional serve?
For many reasons. The most obvious of course is that functionality is no longer needed.

The GULO gene, in all apes including humans it has mutated to which it no longer aids in synthesizing vitamin C. These animals didn't die out because their diets include sources of vitamin C.

I've never heard of this gene but I will take a blind guess on why a good designer would allow something to become non functional within his system.

Maybe it's dormant? And ready to become functional again when needed?

Has a non functional gene ever been known to become functional again? If so, it would support my guess. A good designer would build backup systems.

Or maybe it really is functional and we just don't know it's function. Are there examples of genes that we once thought were non functional, but later on discovered that they actually were functional?

Edited by Mister, 12 April 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#244    mister

mister

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Seeing as the mods want us to get back to the topic of the thread I guess we can dead this here, Rlyeh. I'll take one more response but I will not respond. It's been good.

#245    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,630 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

The mod`s are right in most all cases, Mostly,the Aliens in Ancient Egypt is not as tricky as one thinks. First off ,theres never benn any actual proof that any E.T. Influance was Involved  in the Great Pyramids, Could it just be that ancient man can and Did Build these great structures? Most Likely ! Think its time too accept that point ,At least until theres actual Proof other wise !

This is a Work in Progress!

#246    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,629 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

View Postfluxed, on 12 April 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

To dash the other six listed questions, lets evaluate the above.

My original premise, aliens landed in Egypt.

Nothing to do with it.

Pathetic.

Okay, you brought up the vastness of the universe and the high probability of life in it. If your argument is that aliens landed in Egypt then the probability of life in the universe is irrelevant to your argument. Do try to stay on track here, please post your evidence for aliens landing in Egypt and then gave the Egyptians the plough. If you've posted it already then please point out which post it was in. You do realize that the plough isn't a very large intuitive leap from the hoe right? I would think that if aliens were to give Egyptians technology it would be something a little more that a stick drug through the dirt by draft animals.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 12 April 2014 - 06:32 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#247    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,537 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostMister, on 12 April 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

How well of a job he/it did is irrelevant. Even if it is a shithouse design, it doesn't refute that there's a designer.
it refutes that they were intelligent though!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#248    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,537 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Okay, aliens in ancient times....
Where are the spaceships? The ancients made artwork of everything, yet not a one spaceship.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#249    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 12 April 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

Okay, aliens in ancient times....
Where are the spaceships? The ancients made artwork of everything, yet not a one spaceship.

bah.. don't try to confuse his logic with fact

Posted Image

#250    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

View Postisis-999, on 12 April 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

This is a tough topic you have so many who believe aliens help build Egypt, and others who say no way!!! Many years ago I posted this very topic on here and caused a war. Lol. So I'm just going to post the question! The great pyramid has no art, no sign of a king ever being buried there, so what was the purpose of it.?

Heres a speculation, the culture was, as we are led to believe by those who have studied the culture, focused upon longevity and as the very shape itself has been proven to extended the 'use by date' of various fruits placed within the approximate area of the kings chamber, that maybe it was built to extend life or rather, the life of the Pharaohs, in short, a longevity device....

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#251    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

Longevity device ? Like the Whip`s and threats,and starving that a lot of people that built the Pyramids  were treated too ?

#252    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 13 April 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

Longevity device ? Like the Whip`s and threats,and starving that a lot of people that built the Pyramids  were treated too ?

That is more fiction than fact:

http://www.livescien...-unearthed.html

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#253    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 13 April 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

That is more fiction than fact:

http://www.livescien...-unearthed.html

cormac
I know they had to eat,and they had to Work ! Built over a long period on time ! Man can build a Lot of great things!  We have just Look around on this Planet !
Not a bit of factual evidence of Alien Help ANY WHERE !

#254    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 13 April 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

I know they had to eat,and they had to Work ! Built over a long period on time ! Man can build a Lot of great things!  We have just Look around on this Planet !
Not a bit of factual evidence of Alien Help ANY WHERE !

My post didn't have anything to do with "alien" help. You said "Whip`s and threats,and starving that a lot of people that built the Pyramids were treated too". There is no actual evidence of such amongst the pyramid builders, hence why I said it's more fiction than fact.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#255    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,630 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

I will bet my first  dollar that there was quite a bit of slavery !Even though theres been research that tries to lead our modern world believers in other ways ! Look at ever thing in our world ! THeres abuse !

Also tagged with egypt, aliens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users