Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aliens in ancient Egypt?

egypt aliens

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#46    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,581 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

fluxed had his other thread closed about Egyptian obelisks and the Egyptian gods, now hes at the same all over again

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#47    Forever Cursed

Forever Cursed

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

• Nosce te ipsum

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 08 April 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Nice video. Thanks!

That's an amazing feat for one man to be able to make that massive block stand straight. But there is actually no mention of how he would put the huge misshapen stones on top, which seems to be quite an achievement too. That is was confuse me most I shoud say.

As for me I have no doubt that Stonhenge was man made, though how exactly and why (which is a big part of the mystery too) Stonehenge was made is still very much up for debate.
I stopped by after work and tossed them up there for him. Piece of cake !!  Gonna stop at the bar and form a few crop circles next, any one interested ??

Edited by Forever Cursed, 09 April 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#48    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

I am still trying to figure out where this 'proof' of aliens is. I mean, i have never seen it. I have seen the tv show ancient aliens bend stories to fit ancient alien theory, but they do not hold up to the reality of what we do know as fact.

I am well aware that a while back they found sites by the pyramids that detailed how the pyramids were built AND the peoples lives who worked on the pyramids including their rate of pay and food they ate. (i am sure someone here knows a link to this, and can post it... i would but truth be told, i am boycotting my computer search.. i downloaded an ftp program and was way stupid.. when i was opening and installing, i did not pay attention to the text and clicked ok.. and now every time i open a new tab, instead of google.com or.. my browser window (firefox) with most used links there to click.. i get this search.conduit.com and try as i might in tools and such I CANNOT GET IT TO GO AWAY AND GO BACK TO NORMAL!, so i avoid clicking new tabs to open new window :P other then to load the four pages i go to most, facebook, email, here and a rp site you all are not allowed to know about)..

anyways, I have yet to see ANY proof, i mean, out and out and out and out proof of ancient aliens.

I just do not understand why fluxed feels a need to belittle egyptians on their creations/culture/et et.. when they left proof of how they did it. And aliens were not in that proof. Just man power, many many many man for man power and brains (seriously, these pple had thoughts! they could think of what they wanted and PLAN to do it!! and since they did not have todays tools, they had to use what they had!)

Posted Image

#49    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,581 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 09 April 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

I am still trying to figure out where this 'proof' of aliens is. I mean, i have never seen it. I have seen the tv show ancient aliens bend stories to fit ancient alien theory, but they do not hold up to the reality of what we do know as fact.

I am well aware that a while back they found sites by the pyramids that detailed how the pyramids were built AND the peoples lives who worked on the pyramids including their rate of pay and food they ate. (i am sure someone here knows a link to this, and can post it... i would but truth be told, i am boycotting my computer search.. i downloaded an ftp program and was way stupid.. when i was opening and installing, i did not pay attention to the text and clicked ok.. and now every time i open a new tab, instead of google.com or.. my browser window (firefox) with most used links there to click.. i get this search.conduit.com and try as i might in tools and such I CANNOT GET IT TO GO AWAY AND GO BACK TO NORMAL!, so i avoid clicking new tabs to open new window :P other then to load the four pages i go to most, facebook, email, here and a rp site you all are not allowed to know about)..

anyways, I have yet to see ANY proof, i mean, out and out and out and out proof of ancient aliens.

I just do not understand why fluxed feels a need to belittle egyptians on their creations/culture/et et.. when they left proof of how they did it. And aliens were not in that proof. Just man power, many many many man for man power and brains (seriously, these pple had thoughts! they could think of what they wanted and PLAN to do it!! and since they did not have todays tools, they had to use what they had!)

remove it

https://support.mozi...uestions/978853

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#50    sam_comm

sam_comm

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

View Postfluxed, on 09 April 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Then you deem Thoth was a god? And Osiris etc..

If an alien told me he was a god and fed me loads of *****, in those
days, im sure i would trust him.

The fact is we have a man owning up to the first written language
and he was Thoth. This holds more substance than any story from the
religious books - it is recorded again and again - some of the oldest
records in the world.

All later languages were inspired by the hieroglyphics of Thoth.

I don't consider Ancient Egypt religion as evidence of the presence extraterrestrial beings from another planet in Human history. Egyptians had an elaborated set of polytheist beliefs and mythologies, that which we would call paganism today. Each culture in Human history had their own religions and beliefs it is sill very much the case today around the world. I consider it to be the expression of the spiritual and non-materialistic nature of mankind, and the need to find answers and interpret fondamental questions of life.

''Individuals could interact with the gods for their own purposes, appealing for their help through prayer or compelling them to act through magic. These practices were distinct from, but closely linked with, the formal rituals and institutions. The popular religious tradition grew more prominent in the course of Egyptian history as the status of the Pharaoh declined. Another important aspect was the belief in the afterlife and funerary practices. The Egyptians made great efforts to ensure the survival of their souls after death, providing tombs, grave goods, and offerings to preserve the bodies and spirits of the deceased.''

Source: http://en.wikipedia....yptian_religion

Written language is solid evidence.
That drilling technology was beyond that of today, is solid evidence.

There is plenty of evidence if one takes the time to study it.

Ancient texts should not be taken at face value. Mythologies can be invented and created, that is a fact. J.R.R Tolkien a famous fantasy writter did build over many years of work his own quite complex mythology in The Silmarillion. We know that man, with it's unlimited imagination and various contributions by scholars can piece together complex ideas that reflect concepts of life. Mythologies are reflexions of how the world can be perceived in abstract terms.

The interpretations that Ancient Greek or Ancient Egypt for instance are refering to Alien visitations and involvement in their cultures is just not the best explanation. Especially when we know what man's intellect and spiritual nature can do.

'...the blocks at Stonehenge. The biggest weighs about
eighteen tons...''

The London Obelisk of Thumose III, weighs one hundred
and eighty-six tons, and therefore is about ten times
the weight of Stonehenge’s largest block.
It is therefore by far the largest stone in England.

..two huge sphinxes have lately been placed on the
Thames embankment, one on each side of this obelisk..'

http://www.gutenberg...5-h/37785-h.htm

The advances of the Egyptians make our stones look like babies.

I agree, we don't have all the answers as to how exactly these marvelous sites have been built. We may be missing something but it doesn't have to the design of extraterrestrials from other solar systems. Human ingenuity has often been underestimated in history. I know that some are quick to jump to conclusions but I don't intend to.

Your last few sentences spell misinformation, plain and simple.

I pointed out a few facts above, there are plenty more to support
alien intervention, in the ancient world.

I suggest you go to a public library and open up a book of history and archeolgy, and try to find the words ''Alien'' , ''extraterrestrial'' or ''mothership''. The Ancient Astronaut Theory has simply nothing to do with the hypothesises and chronology of mainstream science. Are some of it wrong or at least missing something though? That can be a legitimate question. I have not not pretended otherwise.

Edited by sam_comm, 09 April 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#51    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,581 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 09 April 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

I am well aware that a while back they found sites by the pyramids that detailed how the pyramids were built AND the peoples lives who worked on the pyramids including their rate of pay and food they ate. (i am sure someone here knows a link to this, and can post it...

sort of related, from my post on another thread. Note how the AE got buried with their TOOLS, and recorded their works.... but, ah....just never bothered to record any details of the bloody aliens  :no:

quote:

"Quite a lot is known about ancient tools thanks to the importance the Egyptians attributed to their use in the next world".

The graves of craftsmen often contained tools or models of tools, and tomb walls were at times decorated with scenes of artisans at work demonstrating their techniques.

And just to make sure that one would not be left without the necessary implements some had lists of tools carved into the walls.

http://www.reshafim....rades/tools.htm

eta fixed link

Edited by seeder, 09 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#52    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 08 April 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

NO MORE ANCIENT ALIENS THREADS!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Aliens   FOREVER!!   Heeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#53    Forever Cursed

Forever Cursed

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

• Nosce te ipsum

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

For me the question is, why did they go from building 51 degree angle, (The great pyramids) to a 43 degree angle for every thing else ? I mean after doing 3 of them you would have thought they had them down.

Edited by Forever Cursed, 09 April 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#54    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,581 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostForever Cursed, on 09 April 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

I mean after doing 3 of them you would have thought they had them down.

3? You need to do some revising

There are 138 pyramids discovered in Egypt as of 2008

eta source
http://en.wikipedia....yptian_pyramids

Edited by seeder, 09 April 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#55    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

View Postfluxed, on 09 April 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

'Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki,
which he states was a race of extraterrestrials.... '

I trust this.
Sadly, if one looks at the non-Sitchin research, then they'd see the Anunnaki are actually "underworld beings", not sky gods. they come from the ground, not the sky.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#56    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

A few thoughts about the Amen, Amun business:
Firstly, there are two types of ancient languages. The first is what we call a "living" language, that being it's still being spoken somewhat informally today (ie not Latin which is only used in some churches). That'll be Hebrew in this situation. The other type is what we call a "dead" language, which is a language that is not spoken outside of dusty academia (Aramaic, Latin...) and in this case that's Egyptian.
Now, with a living language it's dead easy to know how to pronounce something - you ask someone who speaks the language.
With a dead language however - especially something as dead as Egyptian (which, you have to remember was mostly dead by the time the Romans rocked up anyway with everyone being Hellenised by the Ptolmy Dynasty) - you have to make a patchwork best guess on prononciation. Now, it's even harder when Egyptians didn't write in "letters" but rather phonemes (ie the sounds). Amenhotep wasn't written with their versions of an "a" a "m" etc. It was written "ah" "mn" "hh" "to" "ph" (for want of Kmt Sesh to correct me).
Now, you can spell that in English "Amenhotep" "Amunhoteph" "Argmnhughoteiph" and a myriad other ways I could tell you if I didn't leave my phoneme cards at work.
Same for that "Amun" "Amen" chappy. He was "Ah" "Mn" in the records.

Sounds, not letters. They wrote how to say the word in hieroglyphs not now to spell it.

So to say "they said Amen and we say Amen so we must be connected to them!" is somewhat specious. (an on that point, has anyone ever spelt out their name phonetically? I did it with my class the other day. Looked nothing like how it's spelt).

Secondly, there aren't that many sounds the human vocal cord can make (don't ask me exactly how many I've forgotten if I knew how many). That's how we can teach phonemic skills to children it's relatively easy (the pack of phoneme cards I have for the younger kids is about 50 cards, I don't know if there are more for older classes). So eventually we're going to have a number of words that sound exactly the same. In fact, we have so many of them there's a special classification of word for them - homonyms.
Their, They're There for example.
Where and Wear.
So on and so forth (or is it fourth?)

So once again, I have to warn against the fallacy of saying "they sound the same, they must be the same word".
Sorry Fluxed.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#57    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

View Postfluxed, on 08 April 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

One of the most important objects in ancient Egypt was the 'winged disk'.

A flying disk, right?

One of the most important objects in ancient Egypt was the 'winged disk'.

I have a keen interest in the "winged disc", commonly known as Aten, the Sun Disc

Thutmose III was alive and well about a century before Akhenaten introduced "The Sun Disc" to Egyptian religion.
Whether it is associated with things in the sky (other than the sun) is a matter of debate.

About 100 years after The Sun Disc was introduced to Egyptian society, the Egyptians personified it by naming it Aten, the sun disc.
Akhenaten had placed the sun disc to be above all other Egyptian gods, and some think, Akhenaten eliminated all other gods.

Either way, The Sun Disc, a supposed inanimate object, originally, was placed with more improtance than all other gods.

that speaks volumes. what could that disc ever be? what did it do?
did it provide transport to some *other* sun, as some people speculate?

it's all interesting

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#58    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

for the winged disc/disk there are links to sites that explain it, and it doesnt really have anything to do with space travel as in ancient aliens.

http://www.egyptarts...com/symlst.html

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Winged_sun
http://www.touregypt...usofbehutet.htm

i enjoy reading such things and watching documentaries

anyways, i think most pple are aware now it is not ancient aliens, so until i can come up with a dr seuss type poem on 'no more ancient aliens threads', i doubt i will be posting anymore on this particular thread.

enjoy

Posted Image

#59    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 09 April 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Sadly, if one looks at the non-Sitchin research, then they'd see the Anunnaki are actually "underworld beings", not sky gods. they come from the ground, not the sky.

huh??

Anunnaki translates to, "Those who descended from the sky". Or is that only according to Sitchin?

be pretty hard to screw that up.

#60    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 09 April 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

huh??

Anunnaki translates to, "Those who descended from the sky". Or is that only according to Sitchin?

be pretty hard to screw that up.

"Michael Heiser: “You’ll often read, especially in the writings of Zecharia Sitchin, that the annunaki means something like ‘they who from heaven came’ or some other description that makes them sound like aliens or extra-terrestrials. There isn’t a source on the planet by any Sumerian scholar that would agree with that definition. It’s not a difficult term. I personally don’t think that Sitchin knew Sumerian at all because if you’re going to get a term associated with a very group of important deities wrong, I have to wonder what else you’re going to get wrong.”
http://ancientaliens...ripts/anunnaki/

Also tagged with egypt, aliens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users