Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Very rare Chinese robin sighted

blackthroat blackthroated blue robin calliope obscura robin rarest birds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 42,487 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Crucial new discoveries about one of the world's least-known and rarest birds have been made by scientists.

The blackthroat, or blackthroated blue robin (Calliope obscura) is one of the world's rarest "robins", being known from only a handful of records since it was first described in the 1890s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/26851727

Posted Image

#2    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,315 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Pretty little birds. We are getting all kinds of colorful little birds at teh backayrd feeder that my wife has been photographing religiously all season.  The other day a Carolina Wren flew in the house and hung around for a few minutes till we got him back out the door,  If I remeber I'll post a photo.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users