Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Singing Priest wows the wedding! WOW!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,679 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

This gave me a boost just now, forget the fuddy duddy (imo) boring church songs, this guy belts out Leonard Cohens Hallelujah!  :tu:

A priest has stunned wedding guests at the end of a ceremony with a pitch-perfect version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

The video of Fr Ray Kelly's unique version of the often-covered song was filmed at the weekend and has received more than 140,000 hits on YouTube in less than two days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-26957527

Thats what the Church needs, lose the boring hymns, get some new updated tunes

Edited by Still Waters, 10 April 2014 - 11:50 PM.
"This video is no longer available due to copyright claim" - Video can be viewed in article source link

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    amaterasu

amaterasu

Poltergeist

• 3,026 posts

• "Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!"

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Well that really brought a smile to my face! :D

He looked like he was really enjoying himself too ...and rightly so! I loved his little smirks during his performance. Well done that man :tu:

* Group logo removed, please see rule 3i *

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,679 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

View Postamaterasu, on 09 April 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

Well that really brought a smile to my face! :D

He looked like he was really enjoying himself too ...and rightly so! I loved his little smirks during his performance. Well done that man :tu:

Now if Church h was like that, Id start going again! The sermons I can handle - but the bloody depressing hymns... NO!

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4    amaterasu

amaterasu

Poltergeist

• 3,026 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

View Postseeder, on 09 April 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Now if Church h was like that, Id start going again! The sermons I can handle - but the bloody depressing hymns... NO!

Yes I agree, regular hymns are snore inducing at best  - not that I go to church very often mind (mostly funerals these days)...but I would sure as hell haul my behind out of bed extra early on a Sunday morning if I thought I were going to be treated to that sort of service :D

#5    amaterasu

amaterasu

Poltergeist

• 3,026 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

I am compelled to keep coming back and watching it over again - it has really tickled me :D

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,679 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

View Postamaterasu, on 09 April 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

I am compelled to keep coming back and watching it over again - it has really tickled me :D

yeh Ive watched it a few times now :lol:

#7    amaterasu

amaterasu

Poltergeist

• 3,026 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

I think this is going to be my 'go to' cheer me up clip for quite a while now :clap:

I'm going to send this to all my miserable mates :D

#8    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,455 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

Wow! He certainly has my vote!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,002 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm guessing he has quite a big congregation.  God bless him for taking the time to make a special day unforgettable for everybody involved.  It is nice to see the other side, religion gets such a bad rap these days - but it also has these moments and these type of folk.  In my own church we have 2 services the 9am and 1030am.  At the 9am the "choir" consists of a cacophony of sound from some well, enthusiastic but completely tone deaf individuals which must be the "beginners group" in choir practics if I was being kind.  I've learnt to go to the 1030 when there is a fully fledged pitch perfect choir - our Jesuit priest seems to prefer the upbeat songs so it really does add some fun and he prefers upbeat compassionate sermons, always finding a take that puts people in the need to be understood thru their foibles and cared for.  I could imagine him belting something like this out if he believed he had a voice for it.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

That.  Was.  Awesome!

#11    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,061 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Update -

An Irish priest who surprised wedding guests with his version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah says he is flabbergasted that it has received more than 28 million views online.

Fr Ray Kelly has sung the song with new, marriage-themed lyrics at weddings for four years, but his performance earlier this month travelled around the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-27048739

His fame is well deserved I think, he's amazing.

Posted Image

#12    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,810 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

that must have been very special for the couple getting married to be surprised by such a personal gift from their priest
he carried it very well too!

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users