Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Something In Common

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    BuffY

BuffY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:03 PM

Here's an unofficial list of beliefs that some individuals in New Age may have in common:

You create your own reality and destiny. This is a planet of free choice, and you have your own free will.

You have certain challenges to face and overcome in this lifetime. If you don't learn your lessons this time, you'll get them again.

There is no such thing as coincidence.

There is more to life than meets the eye, much more.

Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others.

We are not alone.

We are multidimensional beings currently having a human experience.

We are all receiving more help than we know, from angels, spirit guides, ascended masters and others.

We can heal ourselves, our society, and our world.

The ultimate transformation for mankind is ascension.

...i am caught in the HUNTER'S net.....

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 03:31 PM

Wow Buffy, I basically agree with all of those principles, but my ideas stem from my
own spiritual experiences and my spiritual beliefs, rather than any kind of New Age
mentality.

I especially belive in

Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others

smile.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#3    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 02 March 2003 - 04:49 PM

rolleyes.gif I agree LB with that one and this one
There is more to life than meets the eye, much more.

but yes all of them are variations on the ones that suit a person as an individual smile.gif                                                  

Edited by Celticwitch_00, 02 March 2003 - 04:49 PM.

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#4    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 05:23 PM

i agree with LB and celtic....they should be things you believe in if you are part of the New Age movement. this kind of belief should be obtained through spirituality.

my belief for this is tronger than my belief fior the others, although i belive them all.

We can heal ourselves, our society, and our world

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#5    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 06:41 PM

yes, i agree with everyone that has posted so far, but i also think that we should heal ourselves, our society and our world, by helping others, above ourown needs and desires.  To make other people happy.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#6    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:54 AM

I agree with all you guys but I particularly liked this one:

You create your own reality and destiny. This is a planet of free choice, and you have your own free will.

#7    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:54 PM

i guess im new age.  i agree with them all  smile.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#8    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 05:02 PM

A couple of those are a bit, wacky.. I believe in the principle of self healing, but it is actually hard to do.  To achieve that, the person has to be willing to do an 'autopsy' on themselves, and most people don't like to see their own flaws.  Much less admit that they have any at all.      

Reese                                                  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#9    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 05:48 PM

evryone has flaws, and i admit mine!                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#10    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 05:58 PM

Oh do you now???

lol.......

Reese     wub.gif                                                  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#11    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 06:53 PM

I don’t agree with this one of them:

"You create your own reality and destiny"
This is only partially true, as the actions of others have a direct influence on what a person’s destiny is. This isn’t just my opinion, but is scientifically proven, like a ripple affect on water                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#12    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 07:56 PM

But then again how you interpret the events in your life will determine your
reality, and in fact dictate your destiny...

..ie. the old motto - it's not a problem, it's an opportunity.... which changes your
slant on the situation...

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#13    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:43 PM

But the statement said: "you create your own reality and destiny"

If you spent several years training for, and being accepted to compete in, the Olympic games, and the day before your event you get hit by a car and your legs are broke, then the reality you created and the destiny you created have just been shattered due to someone else’s actions.

So to say only you create your own reality and own destiny is wrong. Again, this isn’t my opinion, this is fact

#14    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:53 PM

wink.gif Ahhh but let me just jump in with both feet here......& play Devil's Advocate

the day before your event you get hit by a car and your legs are broke, then the reality you created and the destiny you created have just been shattered due to someone else’s actions.

But say if it was ur fault in the first place that you got hit by the car.... then you have still created your own destiny and broke the reality you had........... then again maybe it was fate that decided that it wasn't meant to be.........                                                  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#15    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 10:28 PM

That brings up a whole lot of ‘what ifs’, but what I was getting at, if someone drove off the side of the road and hit someone who was on the side of the road, breaking their legs, then their reality/destiny has just been changed by SOMEONE ELSE. They are then left with a variety of options, with which they can choose a new reality/destiny, which can also be changed by SOMEONE ELSE. Meaning an individual life is an ever evolving ripple in the ocean of ripples involving everyone else’s life, and nobody has ever been able to control their own destiny, and they never will.                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users