Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

i need help understanding my dream

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    violet123

violet123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

I had a strange dream and would like to know what could be the meaning.I met a guy with blonde hair and he told me his name was cupid.I also remember kissing him in my dream and he was a quite friendly guy who made me feel comfortable.I remember putting on a skirt with a zebra stripe design and I felt
happy wearing it.

When I woke up I immediately thought of the name cupid and I wonder if this name could have a meaning .I also never wear skirts so it is strange that I had this dream.

link removed

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,276 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

View Postviolet123, on 10 April 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I had a strange dream and would like to know what could be the meaning.I met a guy with blonde hair and he told me his name was cupid.I also remember kissing him in my dream and he was a quite friendly guy who made me feel comfortable.I remember putting on a skirt with a zebra stripe design and I felt
happy wearing it.

When I woke up I immediately thought of the name cupid and I wonder if this name could have a meaning .I also never wear skirts so it is strange that I had this dream.

Sounds nice ;)

This is a dream I would expect from somone fairly young. I think your mind is preparing itself for a relationship. There is some obvious symbology here, but emotions during dreams give more information than events. The fact that you were happy wareing the skirt and you normally don't where them suggests you are going through a psychological change. I like the energy of this dream, there is a lightness to it and a calm innocent energy. It feels like you are beginning to blossom. That's why I feel like you are young. :)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    Whisperer

Whisperer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

Cupid, symbol of romance, change and bright expectations,
Skirt, freedom, happy with self and world (if your a woman of course),
Zebra, obvious camouflage, different from the herd, free and wild,
All that White Crane Feather pointed out actually...so its maybe saying to you that its ok to embrace the world the way you want to and dont be afraid of romance?

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#4    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,640 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Hi.

An attractive, friendly, approachable person of the other sex is suspicious of being an animus figure (searchable). You don't say much about your dream, but a memorable name like Cupid did its job, and cued you to remember the dream.

As to the skirt thing, a lot of unconscious thought is contrary or complementary to consciously adopted "policies.' That you never wear a skirt when wearing a skirt is something that is easily available to you (I think) is reason enough for the unconscious to "comment" upon it. You might want to think about why you never wear a skirt. Maybe you have a good reason, but if not, what the hell? you might at least consider expanding your wardrobe. To ask "why not?" is a big part of the unconscious' job.

Whether it is the "meaning" of the dream or not, I also wonder whether there is something more important than wearing a skirt that you never do, as a matter of policy.  Something to think about. Asking "why not?" isn't a bad idea generally.

In a dream report with few other details, it does stand out that the skirt had a distinctive pattern and that you included it in your report. Is there something about that pattern that rings any bells for you?

Finally, there is a chance that you will still be thinking about this dream in the future, so it might be a good idea to write down, for yourself, as soon as convenient, all that you remember about it, in detail. If "journaling" isn't your thing, then make a drawing, write a poem, ... whatever. If you do find yourself thinking about this dream in a few months or years, you'll be glad to have something that refreshes your recall of the details.

Finally, not that you said oherwise, you are not being told to look for a blond guy named Cupid to adopt him into your life as "the man of your dreams." I know it sounds silly to say it that way, but some people do project animus figures onto real people (often unconsciously and without the benefit of a dream to "show" them what an animus figure looks like). Here is where conscious thinking shines: real people are who they are, not who we think they are. You know this already, I only mention it because of the dream character who's a good guy just as long as he's understood as a dream character.

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users