Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Paris unveils zoo of the future

alexis lécu paris zoo biozones natural habitat amusement park exhibits adeline

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,614 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Paris will open a totally revamped and redesigned “21st century zoo” on Saturday it says drops the outdated concept of animals as “amusement park exhibits” to respect their welfare and natural habitat.

"We have stopped the old methods of pushing the animals out to show them to the public,” said Alexis Lécu, chief vet. “Today visitors need to be active observers of their natural behaviour,” he said, even if that means some are hard to spot.

http://www.telegraph...the-future.html

I'm not sure about "zoo of the future" as what they've done isn't a new idea. Wildlife parks for example, are already like this. It's good what they've done though to make the animals less confined.

Posted Image

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Haha! I love the tapir with his wobbly nose :w00t:

Hard to see from the video but it didn't look as if the very large animals i.e. giraffes, had a great deal of room. Having said that, it was pretty impressive ..... I hope it's successful.

I have to say this: I thought the French were supposed to have amazing fashion sense ....... the guy in the orange scarf should be shot for wearing it in public!

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users