Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Benghazi Is a HUGE Scandal

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

I wish I could call this unbelievable:

In January, the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the assault by a local militia in September 2012 on the American consulate and a nearby undercover CIA facility in Benghazi, which resulted in the death of the US ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and three others. The report’s criticism of the State Department for not providing adequate security at the consulate, and of the intelligence community for not alerting the US military to the presence of a CIA outpost in the area, received front-page coverage and revived animosities in Washington, with Republicans accusing Obama and Hillary Clinton of a cover-up.

That’s the part you’ve heard about: failure to protect the personnel at the embassy.
But then Hersh breaks the deeper story wide open:

A highly classified annex to the report, not made public, described a secret agreement reached in early 2012 between the Obama and Erdoğan administrations. It pertained to the rat line. By the terms of the agreement, funding came from Turkey, as well as Saudi Arabia and Qatar; the CIA, with the support of MI6, was responsible for getting arms from Gaddafi’s arsenals into Syria. A number of front companies were set up in Libya, some under the cover of Australian entities. Retired American soldiers, who didn’t always know who was really employing them, were hired to manage procurement and shipping. The operation was run by David Petraeus, the CIA director who would soon resign when it became known he was having an affair with his biographer. (A spokesperson for Petraeus denied the operation ever took place.)

Read the entire story here

Posted Image

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,253 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Been hearing a little bit here and there for the past few weeks ~ not sure how reliable these scoops are ... I guess the missing plane news sort of took a bit of the wind outta the sails on this one ... when things quiet down over the missing plane we'll see how high the fan is on this pile of stink ~

Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador murdered in Libya, played a central role in recruiting jihadists to fight Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria, according to Egyptian security officials speaking to WND.

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

So, are we fighting against jihadist's or are we fighting along side jihadist's.  Our government really needs to stop all of the back stabbing immoral actions on behalf of corporate interests (big oil) and in order to screw over other countries (Russia).

#4    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

come on is this really important? I mean look we have this "blade" runner who shot his girlfriend in the toilet for goodness sakes! how can a U.S. ambassador being killed on the northside of that continent be more important then that?
this is old news  anyways. it happened far enough in the past Obama could spin this into being Bush's fault especially since big oil is involved.

this post brings up another point what the hell ever happened to Syria?

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 15 April 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

come on is this really important? I mean look we have this "blade" runner who shot his girlfriend in the toilet for goodness sakes! how can a U.S. ambassador being killed on the northside of that continent be more important then that?
this is old news  anyways. it happened far enough in the past Obama could spin this into being Bush's fault especially since big oil is involved.

this post brings up another point what the hell ever happened to Syria?
I hope you're being sarcastic.

#6    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostOverSword, on 15 April 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I'm fairly certain they were.

Anyways, here I am thinking the Cold War ended before I was born. Looks like its just going on with the players names changed.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#7    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,928 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:56 PM

I'm waiting for the Hollywood movie to be made to tell everybody what really happened. It should be anytime now.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#8    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,607 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

View Postacidhead, on 15 April 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

I'm waiting for the Hollywood movie to be made to tell everybody what really happened. It should be anytime now.
Will it have Denzel Washington?

#9    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

View Postacidhead, on 15 April 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

No kidding, I could use the job. Things a guaranteed Best Picture nominee.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,838 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 15 April 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Anyways, here I am thinking the Cold War ended before I was born. Looks like its just going on with the players names changed.

Well all these spies we have need to do something! What are we to do, REDUCE expenses by getting rid of government employees we don't strictly need?

That's crazy talk.... NOT!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

The Democrats will be sorry if they nominate Mrs. Clinton as in that case the chance of the truth of what happened there coming out will be increased exponentially.

The present regime has pretty much won in Syria, mainly because of the Russians being willing to tolerate things the west won't.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,763 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 April 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

The Democrats will be sorry if they nominate Mrs. Clinton as in that case the chance of the truth of what happened there coming out will be increased exponentially.

The present regime has pretty much won in Syria, mainly because of the Russians being willing to tolerate things the west won't.
The Dems have become arrogant - drunk with power and they probably feel the people of the country are too stupid or distracted to stop a Hillary juggernaut.  IF control of the Senate changes this year and the repubs can finally bring real pressure on the ptb then maybe some facts will become available that would create too big an obstacle for her - but the repubs have a real history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory :-(

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,223 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

We've been in beds with Jihadis since 1980; do we really even need to ask at this point?

They're a convenient excuse when things don't go well.  It's like blaming your sex partner for problems in the bedroom.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#14    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

I can't beleive this hasn't gotten more replies.

#15    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,480 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostYamato, on 16 April 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

We've been in beds with Jihadis since 1980; do we really even need to ask at this point?

They're a convenient excuse when things don't go well.  It's like blaming your sex partner for problems in the bedroom.
Sometimes problems in the bedroom are your sex partner's fault.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users