Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

FDA trying to add taxes to your beer

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

God how I despise this type of unescessary crap.  From the article:

For generations brewers have been selling leftover brewing grains to farmers to feed to their livestock, but now the feds want to interfere and make that transaction harder and more expensive, a move that will drive up the costs of both beer and food.

But America's breweries and farmers are not taking this quietly.
"The whole brewing community was shocked about it," Josh Deth, co-owner of Revolution Brewing in Chicago, told Fox News.
Currently brewers make deals with farmers where the farmers cart off the used grains. Often the deal is done without cost to both parties.
"We're trading, giving something of value to each other and working it out. I think that's one of the really great things, and people really hate to see the government get involved in something where they can just as easily stay out of this," Deth said.
But under the new rules, the grains would be regulated like pet foods and would have to meet FDA regulations for food safety. These regulations would cost both farmers and brewers more than a handshake.
Naturally there isn't a single report in the entire history of these grain deals of harm coming to either livestock or humans. Regardless, regulators in Washington have found yet another thing to interfere in and, yet again, the feds want to stop Americans from doing something they've done since the country was young.

Story here

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!

• 8,733 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'm not sure about dad's response to this when I tell him but I know for a fact that he won't be happy about it.

Posted Image

#3    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,213 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

The government as a whole, has found a multitude of ways to keep siphoning money from our pockets.  Fines, taxes, levies, fees, licences, etc. etc.

Unwittingly or no, they are destroying the very fabric they are here to serve.

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,152 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Don't bother me none since I don't buy beer.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#5    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

This b*llsh!t makes my ******* blood boil! Government sticking its greedy nose in to where it can make some more money out of hard working people. No doubt so they can buy more drones to blow people up with as well as putting more money into recruiting uneducated, ignorant bullies for what effectively is now a 'police force' to rival the SS!

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#6    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,013 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

View PostChild of Bast, on 16 April 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

The price of beef will go up too...no more free food for the cows.

After someone hauls it off how could the breweries know where they dumped it or if it was incinerated? ;) :whistle:

#7    Gary Meadows

Gary Meadows

Like your uncle, only better

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

*smashes beer bottle*
Just try it....

:P

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#8    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Eh.. I prefer import, and don't drink much anyway, so I'm used to paying a bit more anyway. Just can't stomach most American brews.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,013 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 16 April 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Eh.. I prefer import, and don't drink much anyway, so I'm used to paying a bit more anyway. Just can't stomach most American brews.

I love some of the micro-brewed beers. We have dozens of micro-breweries around here.

This is part of the whole organic movement...buy local, recycle, re-use and barter. People are going back to grass roots and the government has to try and cash in.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostChild of Bast, on 16 April 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Did you read the article?  It will affect foor prices as well.  Why do people always, always always comment without reading??????

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 16 April 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

You need to try some of Colorado, Oregon and Washingtons Micro brews then.  Corporate beer sucks.

#12    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

• S*** happens, again and again.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

All I have to say is "Leave alone my beef and beer", they are my favorite fruits.

"Don't fear the Reaper, you'll be able to fly."

#13    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

i too not a big fan of domestic beer, i drink mostly duval and red stripe, becks, but it is only a matter of time untill they extend the tax to all beers, not just domesticly brewed.  they cracked opened the door, from here they can only open it wider.

and for those that do not drink, or eat meat, i'll see what you'll say when they impose luxary tax on cosmetic.  but hey i do not use cosmetic, so i should not care one bit,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#14    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Not only that, I'll bet they "decide" that it's an unsafe practice to just dump the leftover brewer's grains and then charge the brewers to "properly dispose of hazardous waste"....how much you wanna bet on it?

Insanity.

And people see no harm in the GOV just getting bigger and bigger...makes my head spin.  They take and take and when they have spent all that, they invent new ways to take more...spend that...borrow some...levy some new taxes, fees and it goes on and on....but there is a segment that just thinks the GOV does no wrong  and all of this is necessary "for the good of the people"...whatever man...time to start brewing your own...tastes better and you might get to control whether GMO's are included...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#15    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

now you're using "breitbart" as a source? come on, they're not even real journalists.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users