Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Dirty Dozen

UM-Bot

William B Stoecker: The term “UFO” means “Unidentified Flying Object.” It does not mean that we are being visited by Sirian Beamships or Pleiadeian Space Brothers. All it means is that mysterious objects (and some of them may not even be solid objects) are flying around in our atmosphere, and, apparently, beneath our lakes, rivers, and oceans, and in space around the Earth at least as far away as our Moon. Recently one Mars Lander picture appeared to show an unknown object in the Martian sky. UFOs are what remains after we eliminate hoaxes, hallucinations, birds, balloons, etc. UFOs have not been explained by modern science; indeed, it is beginning to look as if science is not up to the challenge, and UFOs may indicate that the basic nature of reality itself is not what we imagine it to be. The interplanetary hypothesis may prove correct, or some UFOs may be bizarre life forms existing in our atmosphere and beyond, or paranormal entities, or man made devices perhaps built by our own government. It is quite likely that there are several explanations and that UFOs are not all one thing. I will summarize 12 of the strongest cases (one of them is actually an entire category of sightings). These are by no means the only really well documented cases; there are others just as good or perhaps even better, but these are hard to challenge, and, I believe, constitute overwhelming proof that we are being visited... by something. We just don’t know what.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

William B Stoecker: The term "UFO" means "Unidentified Flying Object." It does not mean that we are being visited by Sirian Beamships or Pleiadeian Space Brothers. All it means is that mysterious objects (and some of them may not even be solid objects) are flying around in our atmosphere, and, apparently, beneath our lakes, rivers, and oceans, and in space around the Earth at least as far away as our Moon. Recently one Mars Lander picture appeared to show an unknown object in the Martian sky. UFOs are what remains after we eliminate hoaxes, hallucinations, birds, balloons, etc. UFOs have not been explained by modern science; indeed, it is beginning to look as if science is not up to the challenge, and UFOs may indicate that the basic nature of reality itself is not what we imagine it to be. The interplanetary hypothesis may prove correct, or some UFOs may be bizarre life forms existing in our atmosphere and beyond, or paranormal entities, or man made devices perhaps built by our own government. It is quite likely that there are several explanations and that UFOs are not all one thing. I will summarize 12 of the strongest cases (one of them is actually an entire category of sightings). These are by no means the only really well documented cases; there are others just as good or perhaps even better, but these are hard to challenge, and, I believe, constitute overwhelming proof that we are being visited... by something. We just don't know what.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

So, those are the cases you base your belief on?! Cases that have been discussed into the ground on this very board, yet you seem unaware of the intricacies of each?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Personally i think the aliens took an interest in ous only after we started detonating atomic bombs. Yes these can do a hell of a lot of damage etc, but they can also be used in a propulsion system. In their case I'm wondering if they come from a binary star system, and they used something like Project Longshot to go to the planets orbiting the other star. In other words we'd started to follow the same path to space as they did. Also I'm wondering if they have an old base not too far away or a monitoring system of some sort, in our own solar system perhaps. Remember the invention of the steam railway engine and steamship made transport both fast, mulitidectional, and regular. It means a larger area being covered in a shorter space of time and with something like Longshot vastly increses the chances of us coming across probably what they left behind. I'm thinking of huge mine workings, wreckage of what's left of a ship of theirs scattered all over the surface of a planet and in space, or just their garbage. Something that's big and not easily collected or covered up. Also i'm wondering if humans are quicker thinking than they are, possibly when compared to just one of them on their own on a 1-1 basis more intelligent. Perhaps they're logical thinkers. They walk a straight path and so they don't make the discoveries so often. Also their race is older than ours too, perhaps as old as the dinosaurs would be if they'd still been alive today. They've reached the level they have now and they're more advanced than us obviously, but its taken 65 million years to get to that level. Unlike them we humans are creative thinkers, our route is haphazard, we go all over the place, we stop when we're curious or not too sure about something, we make mistakes, each time our route is diverted we encounter differances and by doing so we make discoveries. If we find something of theirs, say its just an empty battered multimillion year old beer can made of one of the materials we're yet to discover, we'd throw every single piece of technology we had at it. We'd rip it to bits, understand it, replicate it, and then put it to use. Whilst doing so we'd make discoveries like they did and probably end up with stuff simiular to them; but at a far faster rate. Since they came across us i think their situation has also changed. The Roman empire has left England for some reason and now the Italians are worried. Also i have a feeling they might come from a K type star. K types don't kick out the radiation our G type sun does and so I don't think they like staying here long. As for us going to them, well just for arguments sake they weren't very nice to humans in the past and we come across another planet or two populated by humans, or a race very much like us in looks and ways, possibly even christians who've been subject to these beings for thousands of years, possibly even millions. We have the eqivelent of their technolgy, we're faster thinkers, more inventive, very upset and heavily armed, one that can survive in the sort of radioactive enviroment they can't.. For all you know we and the apes could be one of many different models of a genetically enginnered slave race that's found sancutury around that G type star. In other words they left us to rot and they're now frightened of having to reap the whirlwind when we break out and release the others.

• 1 month later...

Finally, one of the best UFO/UAP (Unidentified Flying Object/Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) articles I have read on these posts. Yet I am disappointed it appeared here, where obviously most of the retorts are by those who have not, or have refused to do or research ALL the amassed evidence. These objects appear on the walls of ancient Egypt, caves in Italy as far back as 20 thousand years, and we still have people saying they're hoaxes, that American “B” movies are responsible. Unbelievable.

Finally, one of the best UFO/UAP (Unidentified Flying Object/Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) articles I have read on these posts. Yet I am disappointed it appeared here, where obviously most of the retorts are by those who have not, or have refused to do or research ALL the amassed evidence. These objects appear on the walls of ancient Egypt, caves in Italy as far back as 20 thousand years, and we still have people saying they're hoaxes, that American “B” movies are responsible. Unbelievable.

You think that they appeared on walls in Egypt and caves in Italy?,Well I know a Swiss hotelier believes that but real archaeologists don't!

• Like 1

Hi B, i prefer your logical common sense attitude on this subject,rather than all the b.s. that is written.Best Wishes,S.T.M

Hi B, i prefer your logical common sense attitude on this subject,rather than all the b.s. that is written.Best Wishes,S.T.M

Thanks STM :)

Cheers,

Badeskov