Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy, 9, asks for NHS help to quit smoking

help2quit service quit smoking addicted cigarettes school

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,382 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

A nine-year-old boy has asked for help from his local NHS trust to help him quit smoking.

The unnamed youngster first tried a cigarette at school, where he wanted to "fit in" and look cool, but he became addicted.

http://www.telegraph...it-smoking.html

Posted Image

#2    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I don't know how he could afford them.It's the best part of £5 for a packet of 10

#3    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,413 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

What`s going on on the planet? 9yo smokers, 12yo mothers, what`s next? 11yo Microsoft CEO? I`m getting old ......

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

View Postdr no, on 20 April 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

I don't know how he could afford them.It's the best part of £5 for a packet of 10
REALLY?  How does anyone afford them there?  Here you can get 20 for less than that.  I remember 25 cents per pack - 5 dollars for a carton of 20 packs :(

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

Here in Audtralia it's usually $15-$20 for a pack of 20. Thank god I detest the things.

#6    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Postand then, on 21 April 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

REALLY?  How does anyone afford them there?  Here you can get 20 for less than that.  I remember 25 cents per pack - 5 dollars for a carton of 20 packs :(

Yes really! I packed in 2 months ago and I've been saving £50 -£60 a week.Our government have taxed cigarettes to the extreme for years.

#7    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

i quit when a pack of parlament was $12 in nyc. it was about 5 years ago. in theory i saved $250-300 a month, but in reality, never seen those savings. my guess, as i stopped spending on cigs, i started spending more on something else, kids growing up, want more toys, need more clothes...etc.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users