Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US teen survives 5-hour flight in wheel well

hawaiian airlines wheel well flight boy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,669 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

A 16-year-old boy has survived an extraordinary journey hidden in the wheel well of a five-hour flight from California to Hawaii.

A spokesman for Hawaiian Airlines said airline staff noticed the boy after the plane landed on Sunday morning.

He was questioned by the FBI and given a medical screening and was said to be in a stable condition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-27100395

Posted Image

#2    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,647 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Don't get me wrong, it's a sad truth that some teens who runs away have a very good reason to leave.

But risking something like this? I hope it's not because he fears his family to the point where he is ready to put his own life in jeopardy just to escape. I hope his family is under investigation to determine that is the case.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#3    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,736 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

It`s a wonder he survived this trip.
It`s an alarming fact that unauthorized ppl are able to get noteless direct access to commercial aircrafts at an
international/domestic airport by just jumping over a fence. I`m sure that a lot of trouble for the airport
management will follow.
And it is a sad fact that the billions of money invested globally, especially after 9/11, into air travel security
procedures and technology did not resulted into the high level of security that it should be and that was
promised to us so we accepted the increase of air travel costs. A fence, it`s ridiculous.

"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"Don't kill the golden goose." - Malcolm McLaren -
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"Good drivers do have smashed insects on the side windows" - Walter Röhrl -

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,398 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

In 1970, Keith Sapsford, a 14-year-old boy, died after falling from the wheel-well of a Tokyo-bound Japan Air Lines DC-8 taking off from the Kingsford Smith Airport at Sydney, Australia.

John Gilpin, an amateur photographer, was testing his new camera lens as the plane took off and unwittingly caught Keith Sapsford’s 200 foot plunge to death.

http://www.rockingfu...ing-to-his.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

Lucky is an understatement, people who try this are generally frozen to death, die from lack of oxygen, get crushed, or like SP's pic, they fall out and die. In fact, since 1996, there have been 105 stowaways on 94 flights worldwide, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. The theory here is his body went into a state of hibernation to survive the trip. His parents must be going through hell right now, I feel sorry for them. The kid is a complete idiot, I hope he realises just how lucky he is to be still alive.

Does anyone know how he was found? DId he just come to and hop out of the wheel well and get discovered, or did they find him unconscious still in the plane? The sources just seem to say workers "noticed a boy" which seems pretty vague.

Edited by psyche101, 23 April 2014 - 05:31 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

If you guys think this is stupid, you should see airfare to Hawaii these days.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users