Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Ghostdancer

Ghostdancer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

With the passing of  Rubin "Hurricane" Carter the issue goes on as to his guilt or innocence. I'm not sure which one to believe, as this is one of those where people put up a case for either.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

#2    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Innocent or not, RIP Rubin Carter...1937-2014

Posted Image

#3    Border Collie

Border Collie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Great track, though. Bob Dylan did you proud Rubin.

#4    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

It's a difficult one. I personally believe that racism played a part in his conviction, but whether it did or didn't, i think that a guilty man may have spent his last years out of the cell he belonged in. I'm certainly not well versed in this case so anyone who believes he's innocent, please inform me?

One thing that personally unnerves me is the influence Bob Dylans song had on his release, i know it didn't directly connect to the case but it certainly contributed to the doubt in the case, if he was innocent then great, but if he was guilty (i've been convinced of neither) then a killer was allowed to live out his days. The other case that is unsettling to me is the WM3 case, Johnny Depps endorsmeant meant the world to that case. I have ye to be convince of their innocence (or guilt) but regardless Depps involvement has made the possibliity  of their guilt irrelevant imo.

#5    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

Rest in peace hurricane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users