Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

QR codes on gravestones...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,178 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

First of all for any who dont know, qr codes are these

Posted Image
Basically they can store info and be scanned by smartphones, so...this guy has chosen to put one a gravestone!!

Joe Davies said he hit upon the idea for the barcode through his IT job using QR codes in public parks to tell people more about the plants and trees.

"It struck me how easy it would be to use it to tell people about what an incredible life my father had," he said.

Scanning the code takes visitors to a webpage which tells how Charles James Davies was born in 1921 near Pontypridd and was one of seven children.

"He was a very interesting character and went through a heck of a lot during the war”

As well as information about his time being hunted by German U boats during World War Two, there are also reminiscences from his friends and even clips of family tributes and audio of hymns and prayers from his funeral.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-25576682

Is this a way to go? No pun intended :lol:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users