Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Isaac Asimov's predictions 50 years on

isaac asimov science fiction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,694 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

It is 2014, and we should all be in therapy.

At least, that's according to Isaac Asimov, one of the 20th Century's best-known science fiction authors, who in 1964 published an essay predicting what our world would look like today.

Here's a look at 2014, through the eyes of 1964.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-27069716

Posted Image

#2    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,442 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Really interesting read, and how close he came with his predictions?

The BBC as usual, are totally ignorant of the fact that anyone, with the most rudimentary kowledge of Robotics, will associate the word "Robot" with K. Capeks  play R.U.R. 'Rossum's Universal Robots' (1920). NOT with Asimov.

Edited by keithisco, 22 April 2014 - 08:57 PM.

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,081 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

I wonder if he would have predicted that the population would go from 3.2 billion to 7.2 billion in 50 years?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users