Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Benghazi could have been avoided

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,315 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Couldn't agree more.  Stupid liberals.

From the article:

The Citizens Commission on Benghazi, a self-selected group of former top military officers, CIA insiders and think-tankers, declared Tuesday in Washington that a seven-month review of the deadly 2012 terrorist attack has determined that it could have been prevented – if the U.S. hadn't been helping to arm al-Qaeda militias throughout Libya a year earlier.
'The United States switched sides in the war on terror with what we did in Libya, knowingly facilitating the provision of weapons to known al-Qaeda militias and figures,' said Clare Lopez, a member of the commission and a former CIA officer.
She blamed the Obama administration for failing to stop half of a $1 billion United Arab Emirates arms shipment from reaching al-Qaeda-linked militants.
'Remember, these weapons that came into Benghazi were permitted to enter by our armed forces who were blockading the approaches from air and sea,' Lopez claimed. 'They were permitted to come in. ... [They] knew these weapons were coming in, and that was allowed..
'The intelligence community was part of that, the Department of State was part of that, and certainly that means that the top leadership of the United States, our national security leadership, and potentially Congress – if they were briefed on this – also knew about this.'
The weapons were intended for Gaddafi but allowed by the U.S. to flow to his Islamist opposition.

Read it here

Edited by OverSword, 22 April 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#2    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,116 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

10 arm chair generals sitting in their overstuffed chairs completely out of the loop and ravenous for America to invade everywhere. Why should I care?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#3    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,705 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

read the TOPIC name and i already agree!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

View Postninjadude, on 23 April 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

10 arm chair generals sitting in their overstuffed chairs completely out of the loop and ravenous for America to invade everywhere. Why should I care?

But the armchair general in the White House had already invaded Libya.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#5    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostOverSword, on 22 April 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more.  Stupid liberals.

From the article:

The Citizens Commission on Benghazi, a self-selected group of former top military officers, CIA insiders and think-tankers, declared Tuesday in Washington that a seven-month review of the deadly 2012 terrorist attack has determined that it could have been prevented – if the U.S. hadn't been helping to arm al-Qaeda militias throughout Libya a year earlier.
'The United States switched sides in the war on terror with what we did in Libya, knowingly facilitating the provision of weapons to known al-Qaeda militias and figures,' said Clare Lopez, a member of the commission and a former CIA officer.
She blamed the Obama administration for failing to stop half of a $1 billion United Arab Emirates arms shipment from reaching al-Qaeda-linked militants.
'Remember, these weapons that came into Benghazi were permitted to enter by our armed forces who were blockading the approaches from air and sea,' Lopez claimed. 'They were permitted to come in. ... [They] knew these weapons were coming in, and that was allowed..
'The intelligence community was part of that, the Department of State was part of that, and certainly that means that the top leadership of the United States, our national security leadership, and potentially Congress – if they were briefed on this – also knew about this.'
The weapons were intended for Gaddafi but allowed by the U.S. to flow to his Islamist opposition.

Read it here

Hey, I'm a liberal and not stupid. Do you think I had a hand in any of this stuff, or even supported it, because I'm liberal? I'm not a blind follower of anything or anyone. There are plenty of things the Obama administration has done that I disagree with, just as there were plenty of things Bush did that appalled me. Quit stereotyping, will you?

#6    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Now-now...play nice....

I disagree with most liberal thinking...but not all of it...I tend to agree with a lot of conservative ideologies...but not all of them.

I am quite a rare and weird individual.  It's the Philosophy of Freedom that I follow the most..."them damn Libertarians!"  And I don't worship every plank of the Libertarian platform either...go figure.

On topic...

Benghazi...from just my perspective of the evidence I have been exposed to and what the MSM is allowed to tell us...was a sham...a sleight of hand move.

It "appears" from the outside looking in that weapons were being routed to Syrian rebels and someone found out where they were coming from and attacked.  I have zero proof of that and it is my own personal tin foil hat moment.  I know there was info released about many shoulder fired, heat seekers went missing (forget the name of the weapon)...I personally assumed that was actually the intention...to get those weapons into the hands of the Syrian rebels and make it "look" like an accident or a casualty of the situation.

Benghazi could have been avoided if the USA did what we Libertarians believe....mind your own damn business...stop trying to control the entire world through trickery, deceit and subterfuge...

oh well...if we put all those resources into defending our borders...then we wouldn't have such an illegal immigrant issue...can't have that now can we?

I am NOT against immigrants...I am against immigrants that circumvent the system...so lets get that out there right now and be clear about it...

Benghazi was a tragedy because we were doing things on the sly and got caught....things we should not have been doing to begin with...assisting in the overthrow of the GOV of a sovereign nation...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,315 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 23 April 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Now-now...play nice....

I disagree with most liberal thinking...but not all of it...I tend to agree with a lot of conservative ideologies...but not all of them.

I am quite a rare and weird individual.  It's the Philosophy of Freedom that I follow the most..."them damn Libertarians!"  And I don't worship every plank of the Libertarian platform either...go figure.

On topic...

Benghazi...from just my perspective of the evidence I have been exposed to and what the MSM is allowed to tell us...was a sham...a sleight of hand move.

It "appears" from the outside looking in that weapons were being routed to Syrian rebels and someone found out where they were coming from and attacked.  I have zero proof of that and it is my own personal tin foil hat moment.  I know there was info released about many shoulder fired, heat seekers went missing (forget the name of the weapon)...I personally assumed that was actually the intention...to get those weapons into the hands of the Syrian rebels and make it "look" like an accident or a casualty of the situation.

Benghazi could have been avoided if the USA did what we Libertarians believe....mind your own damn business...stop trying to control the entire world through trickery, deceit and subterfuge...

oh well...if we put all those resources into defending our borders...then we wouldn't have such an illegal immigrant issue...can't have that now can we?

I am NOT against immigrants...I am against immigrants that circumvent the system...so lets get that out there right now and be clear about it...

Benghazi was a tragedy because we were doing things on the sly and got caught....things we should not have been doing to begin with...assisting in the overthrow of the GOV of a sovereign nation...
Actually that is not ayour own personal tin foild hat theory anymore, it's pretty much established fact.  http://www.unexplain...howtopic=265175

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,315 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

LOL!  You are so predictable.  Your god's in the white house screwed us again.  But at this point what difference does it make?

Posted Image

#9    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostOverSword, on 23 April 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Actually that is not ayour own personal tin foild hat theory anymore, it's pretty much established fact.  http://www.unexplain...howtopic=265175

I am aware of that thread, I mentioned the missiles in it as well.

I am not all knowing, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what happened.  We were being "on the sly" and got caught.  The ambassador and his support staff paid the price for it.

At what point do we get the Conservative Republicans and the Liberal/progressive Democrats to come to terms with the simple fact that when you meddle in the affairs of another sovereign nation...there is going to be blow back?

The whole "Arab spring" has turned out to be an utter failure to all the nations that took up the sword and overthrew their aweful and ugly GOV's....do you actually think life has gotten better in Egypt or Tunisia?  Libya is basically destroyed....I have serious doubts it will ever recover.  This is our "invisible hand" at work and it has been ugly and has not helped stabilize the region...makes me wonder what the "end game" actually is.

Well the truth is...Afghanistan has HUGE lithium deposits...go figure....do you think we are actually there to make life better for the Afghanis?  If you actually believe that....I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell to you....great price

Edited by Jeremiah65, 23 April 2014 - 03:36 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#10    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,449 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

........................................................ Why should I care?

you should not, as long as your welfare checks, foodstamps, come in monthly, you should  not worry about a thing

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users