Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man gives his footwear to shoeless commuter

mufti aasim rashid shoeless bus passenger barefoot mosque surjit singh virk

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

A Muslim man presented his shoes to a shoeless fellow bus passenger before getting off the bus and walking home barefoot himself.

Prior to receiving the gift, the shoeless passenger was sat on the bus with only plastic hairnets to cover his feet.

http://www.telegraph...e-donation.html

Posted Image

#2    Border Collie

Border Collie

Just testing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Good for him. Nice story.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Bless his sweet and sincere soul - what a wonderful example of the best of humanity in action. :yes:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,798 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

If only we had more of these good samaritans in this world. It wouldn't be as chaotic as it is now.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#5    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

• "Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself" - Khalil Gibran

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

This kind of thing is why I'll never lose faith in humanity.  Even if folks like him are in the minority, still makes me feel good inside!

#6    HappyMonkey

HappyMonkey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

View Postlisaloveslilia, on 27 April 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

This kind of thing is why I'll never lose faith in humanity.  Even if folks like him are in the minority, still makes me feel good inside!
To that extent, maybe they are in a minority. I don't think so as I've met many who do something similar.
But keep in mind, for every murder or kidnapping or robbery there are thousands of parents who tuck their children into bed after telling them a story.

#7    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

• "Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself" - Khalil Gibran

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostHappyMonkey, on 27 April 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

To that extent, maybe they are in a minority. I don't think so as I've met many who do something similar.
But keep in mind, for every murder or kidnapping or robbery there are thousands of parents who tuck their children into bed after telling them a story.

Indeed!  I truly don't know many people who would do things like this for a complete stranger.  I'm usually that person.   And most people I know look at my kindness as a weakness.  I know good people but they don't often make headlines in the news for their good deeds.  The evil that men do seems to make a more lasting impression in people's minds than the greatness people do.  It also seems to me that the media would rather showcase the bad things about humanity than the good.  So it makes me warm and fuzzy inside to hear news like this...instead of the depressing norm, you know?

#8    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

I wouldn't give a person my shoes, though!  That would be hateful!  *phew*.  Lol

#9    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

I wonder if he did it in alignment with his belief. I wonder if those who did this due to their belief would do so if their belief system was suddenly non existent.

Just a thought I had.

Edited by Orcseeker, 27 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#10    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 27 April 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I wonder if he did it in alignment with his belief. I wonder if those who did this due to their belief would do so if their belief system was suddenly non existent.

Just a thought I had.

Tis a possibility I had thought of.  I know many Muslums who will give the shirt off their back during Ramadan, but are just kind of "regular" the rest of the year.  But, then some are that way all the time!  So are some people from all religions or non-religions.  I don't think it matters.  Its a great story and example of human goodness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users