Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NY HLS says turn in preppers as terrorists

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostOverSword, on 24 April 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Or get some practice for the apocalypse and steal it from another prepper at gunpoint.

Funny you say that. I go for my restricted and my unrestricted gun licience this weekend.  Im getting a Glock 23 hand gun and a Mossberg flex 500 shot gun.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#17    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,406 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Funny you say that. I go for my restricted and my unrestricted gun licience this weekend.  Im getting a Glock 23 hand gun and a Mossberg flex 500 shot gun.
Is that primarily for protection or hobby?

#18    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,492 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

I see allot of WW 2 / Nazi references as reasons for watching the Government more closely .   But with the re- distribution of wealth in the U.S.  I think the French Revolution is what the powers that be fear . When ARMED Citizens over throw the existing Government .

Any one have a blue print for a guillotine ?   :cry: :gun:

Edited by ROGER, 24 April 2014 - 11:13 PM.

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#19    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,406 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostROGER, on 24 April 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

I see allot of WW 2 / Nazi references as reasons for watching the Government more closely .   But with the re- distribution of wealth in the U.S.  I think the French Revolution is what the powers that be fear . When ARMED Citizens over throw the existing Government .

I don't but I'm quite sure you'll find some at one government ageny or another.

#20    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostROGER, on 24 April 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

I agree, Obama is exactly like Hitler, I fear him more than any other world leader. Heck, he probably fears opinions like this as much as you fear him!

The people are far too complacent to put any effort into a revolution, especially armed. Look at what happened to OWS. That will never happen in the next 50 years. An armed takeover is uneccessary in today's world, all you need to do is not show up to work for one day the country over, and whatever you wanted you got it. You couldn't do that 300+ years ago and make it have a massive effect like it would in today's world. Drop your guns and get with the 21st century please. Thanks.

Anyone have a blueprint for a strait jacket by any chance? We will need quite a few in the near future.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#21    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

Obama is nothing like Hitler. It's silly to say that.

#22    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostOverSword, on 24 April 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

Is that primarily for protection or hobby?

Hobby all the way :tu:   That is unless a complete government melt down happens or ebola makes it`s big charge.  The gun laws up here are pretty strict so hobby forsure. I just want to buy them in case there comes a day I can no longer do so.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#23    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,741 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

View Postandy4, on 25 April 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

I agree, Obama is exactly like Hitler, I fear him more than any other world leader. Heck, he probably fears opinions like this as much as you fear him!

The people are far too complacent to put any effort into a revolution, especially armed. Look at what happened to OWS. That will never happen in the next 50 years. An armed takeover is uneccessary in today's world, all you need to do is not show up to work for one day the country over, and whatever you wanted you got it. You couldn't do that 300+ years ago and make it have a massive effect like it would in today's world. Drop your guns and get with the 21st century please. Thanks.

Anyone have a blueprint for a strait jacket by any chance? We will need quite a few in the near future.

Just for the record he is not the one who said Obama is exactly like Hitler, you did :innocent:
You are the first one on this thread.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#24    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 25 April 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Just for the record he is not the one who said Obama is exactly like Hitler, you did :innocent:
You are the first one on this thread.

That's usually the comparison made so I'll change it.

The American government in 2014 is nothing at all like the Nazi government of the 30's and 40's.
Close enough.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#25    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 25 April 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

Hobby all the way :tu:   That is unless a complete government melt down happens or ebola makes it`s big charge.  The gun laws up here are pretty strict so hobby forsure. I just want to buy them in case there comes a day I can no longer do so.

I hear you, guns may be a rarity in the future, and it'll be cool to tell your grandkids about them. "I got this before it was made illegal to get them, so don't tell anyone I have it."
Let's hope they don't make bullets illegal too, heaven forbid! I hear they have something to do with guns, but not so sure....

By the way, your gun won't help you if you get Ebola. I may use it to put myself out of my misery if I get Ebola however. Which would then stop me from having Ebola, so problem solved.

Dream argument

#26    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,406 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Except for the people who had to clean up the mess.

#27    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

hitler seem to be compared to few leaders, obama and putin are most compared these days, but unlike hitler, or putin, i do not really believe obama is actually as much in charge of usa as putin and hitler is\was in charge of nazi germany and russia.
i think he gets "credits" for things he has little to do with.  but that is presidents job, you get praised and booed for thing that happens on your watch.

Edited by aztek, 25 April 2014 - 03:48 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#28    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

this is actually strange, because after and even before sandy fema was reccomending people to be prepared and stock up on food and water flashlights and batteries in case of another natural disaster. now those people that followed their advice are labled terrorists???

Edited by aztek, 25 April 2014 - 04:16 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#29    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Why does this always have to come down to a "guns" thing?  I grew up in the woods....I grew up hunting and fishing.  There was a few tmes that our "harvest" was necessary for decent survival.  I can remember eating pinto beans and corn bread cause that is all we had....a nice rabbit stew or squirrel gravy was a welcome addition.

I get so mad at folks that have never been "countrified"....we did what we needed to have a decent life...it was not ugly or horrible.  We were humans taking advantage of our place at the top of the food chain.

Now, in some places....the whitetail deer is a nuisance....why not let people harvest that and pack it away in a freezer?  It's prob far more healthy than the GMO fed cattle and hogs.....oh...maybe that is the problem....can't have that.

Bah....I admit....I am just an educated hillbilly....a redneck.  I grew up in the hills of W.V. and Virginia....I know how to take care of myself....I know what to eat in the woods and what not to...."a country boy will survive"....

I get so aggravated when people want to hurt that when crazy stuff is going on all around us.....is your attention misplaced?...I think so....

No....with 330 million folks and most incapable of self preservation (aside from preying on their neighbors)....no, the world we have now is not prepared to support the endless number of hungry mouths.....so what does that say?....erm...overpopulation?

Nah....the lefties will deny that.....and we will know them from their arguments and positions....but that is fine....this world will demand balance soon and...when it happens....do not say you wee not warned....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#30    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

In reference to the thread title though, I'm glad I didnt go on that camping trip last Tuesday, as I may have had to pitch my tent in jail.

In all seriousness though, if this is true it's ridiculous. I could see a lot of profiling going on if some middle eastern person with a beard goes and now gets flashlights and mre's at a store. Now law abiding citizens will be looked on with suspicion now that this has been brought to the public eye.

How are they going to determine who's a threat and who isn't? Raid your house after you buy these items? That seems reasonable....

But they also may know something that we do not.

Dream argument

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users