Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tragedies Rock Financial World

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

I apologize if this subject was mentioned in a past thread. A French banker jumped to her death after she questioned her superiors today. That was just one in a long list of odd deaths, in the past few months, in the financial world. In the worst case, a Dutch financier and his family were found dead together. A Liechtenstein bank CEO recently was killed, and the murderers were not arrested. The homicides are in addition to the long list of untimely suicides. There have been between ten and twenty weird deaths since the start of 2014. Any thoughts?

List Of Odd Suicides:
http://www.zerohedge...g-her-superiors

Homicide Of Liechtenstein CEO:
http://www.zerohedge...-frick-murdered

Death Of Dutch Family:
http://www.zerohedge...-ceo-found-dead

ETA: I corrected a url. It's not the Illuminati.

Edited by Detective Mystery 2014, 25 April 2014 - 02:30 AM.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,598 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

Oh jeez. this is already a topic here somewhere, maybe twice. I'll find it.

ETA: I checked ten pages back, didn't see it. Maybe in a different forum.

Edited by Likely Guy, 25 April 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#3    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 25 April 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

Oh jeez. this is already a topic here somewhere, maybe twice. I'll find it.

One "suicide" just took place in France. It makes you wonder if they know something that we don't.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,605 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2014, on 25 April 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

One "suicide" just took place in France. It makes you wonder if they know something that we don't.
I wonder if they are finding out that a collapse is inescapable, imminent, and they just don't care to live as paupers.  Hard to believe anyone would kill themselves over loss of wealth but I guess it happens.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,049 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

Whenever I hear somebody committed suicide by jumping off of a building it raises a suspicion with me.  I don't know about you guys reading this but I've jumped off cliffs into lakes and rivers.  Always no higher than 50-60 ft and it took a lot of nerves to shed before I lept.... and that was into water.  I have a difficult time believing bankers willingly jump to their deaths without a push.  There exists better ways of killing yourself that require a lot less nerves to overcome.  Like popping meds and alcohol or hanging from a rope until you pass out.  Jumping off a building onto the street below? ??? Come on!

Edited by acidhead, 25 April 2014 - 03:41 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#6    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

View Postand then, on 25 April 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

I wonder if they are finding out that a collapse is inescapable, imminent, and they just don't care to live as paupers.  Hard to believe anyone would kill themselves over loss of wealth but I guess it happens.

They did in the Great Depression. Have there been any clusters like this since then? The homicides and unlikely suicides should be thoroughly investigated, though. You don't have to be paranoid to be suspicious.

#7    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

View Postacidhead, on 25 April 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

Whenever I hear somebody committed suicide by jumping off of a building it raises a suspicion with me.  I don't know about you guys reading this but I've jumped off cliffs into lakes and rivers.  Always no higher than 50-60 ft and it took a lot of nerves to shed before I lept.... and that was into water.  I have a difficult time believing bankers willingly jump to their deaths without a push.

I agree with you. Some bankers evidently took the plunge after the stock market crashed before the Great Depression, but that might have been somewhat more akin to an urban legend than an epidemic. I never knew the circumstances or number of people who jumped off buildings back then. Could it have been exaggerated? Also, the alleged jumps and leaps aren't the strangest events. Look at the murders. Look at the guy who "committed suicide" with a nail gun! This hasn't been covered much by establishment "journalism", either.

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,867 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

It's a stressful job, one of the top five IIRC.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 25 April 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

It's a stressful job, one of the top five IIRC.

That's the go-to explanation for many people, and it may or may not explain these deaths. It could be that the deceased learned something that drove them to homicidal anger/suicidal despair, which is an explanation in the middle ground between normal stressors and contract murders. It would be enlightening to learn how these past few months compare to like amounts of time in the past in order to learn how anomalous they are. I doubt that these deaths are just business as usual.

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

We debunked this list the last time it popped up here and the time before that.  All it takes is a quick perusal of the list to see that most of these people weren't "bankers" (whatever that means).

More importantly, I've yet to see anyone put forth any evidence that these deaths are happening at any rate higher than normal.  If one were to do the research, I'm sure you'd find the same death rate in physicians, auto mechanics, and Subway sandwich artists.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Whenever I hear somebody committed suicide by jumping off of a building it raises a suspicion with me.  I don't know about you guys reading this but I've jumped off cliffs into lakes and rivers.  Always no higher than 50-60 ft and it took a lot of nerves to shed before I lept.... and that was into water.  I have a difficult time believing bankers willingly jump to their deaths without a push.  There exists better ways of killing yourself that require a lot less nerves to overcome.  Like popping meds and alcohol or hanging from a rope until you pass out.  Jumping off a building onto the street below? ??? Come on!

That is a very good point you raise.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

And yet, while certainly not the most popular, a lot of people choose this method as the way to go:

http://www.who.int/b...9-table-T1.html

Interestingly, it's much more popular in countries outside of the United States.

Frankly, having worked at Cornell University and lived in Ithaca, NY, for a number of years, suicide by jumping never surprised anyone.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostRafterman, on 25 April 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

We debunked this list the last time it popped up here and the time before that.  All it takes is a quick perusal of the list to see that most of these people weren't "bankers" (whatever that means).

More importantly, I've yet to see anyone put forth any evidence that these deaths are happening at any rate higher than normal.  If one were to do the research, I'm sure you'd find the same death rate in physicians, auto mechanics, and Subway sandwich artists.

I doubt that you "debunked" it, whatever that means. These homicides and suicides took place, and the individuals were connected to the financial world, as was the Japanese man who committed suicide yesterday. Like I say, I don't know how this spate of strange deaths compares to such *four-month* trends in the past. I too doubt that there is a similar spate of "mechanic suicides" to be found, but who knows.

#14    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

View PostRafterman, on 25 April 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

All it takes is a quick perusal of the list to see that most of these people weren't "bankers" (whatever that means).

By the way, I'm not saying that all of the deceased people were bankers. However, they or their families (tangentially) were employees of or connected to financial organizations. Feel free to "peruse" the list if you doubt me. They weren't all bankers, but they were linked to banks/finance in some way.

#15    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2014, on 26 April 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

Japanese man

Mea culpa. That should read, "Chinese man".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users