Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How could you tell ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Forever Cursed

Forever Cursed

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• Nosce te ipsum

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

"IF" some one some day actually produced an actual photo of Bigfoot how could you tell ?  I mean you could say, "They don't exist, so all photo's are fake."  But what if ?  Do you think you cold really tell the difference ?

#2    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I personally couldn't, unless I took the picture. It's usually pretty easy to tell an amateur CGI job, since the focus or lighting will be incorrect. Usually, for the fakes, something just looks "off" or unnatural.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Probably not. It's all part of the problem with proof on the internet. If you'd have a personal experience, you'll start asking different questions and not really bother with the stupid little back and forth arguments about this or any other 'para' normal incident.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    Forever Cursed

Forever Cursed

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• Nosce te ipsum

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

I was thinking this when watching the vid of a Bigfoot head when it blinked on Survivor man. To me it looked like an ape from the zoo, but if it was CG I would never be able to tell, the real thing from something man made.

Edited by Forever Cursed, 25 April 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostForever Cursed, on 25 April 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

but if it was CG I would never be able to tell, the real thing from something man made.

That's why I'm glad they waited to make The Avengers movie, so the CGI could catch up to the imagination and bring it to life.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 25 April 2014 - 07:28 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,636 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

If I took a picture and it was real....1st I would certainly not be puting it on youtube, this sort of newsi would be calling in the forensics team, getting them to examine the area while I went straight to the biggest newspapers in the country....not the Daily mail.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    JVG

JVG

Government Agent

• 3,263 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Real I doubt very much. All the photos are from a zillion miles away and out of focus and if they were out there don't you think someone would have found a dead one by now.  A Skelton at least by this time...

#8    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

#9    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostJVG, on 25 April 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

don't you think someone would have found a dead one by now.  A Skelton at least by this time...

Just a thought. Does anybody know how many gorillas dead of natural causes are found in the wild each year? That could be a measuring stick to compare with the expected number of dead Bigfoots. The habitats are similar--thickly forested, remote, frequently mountainous.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#10    MuddyFeet

MuddyFeet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

First we would need some decent pictures. If I was to go Bigfoot picture hunting I would get a few things. Several trap cameras, camping gear, jiffy pop, coffee and a female companion.

The reason for my list of supplies: About 20ish years ago I went camping in the Ozarks with my wife, when she was someone else's wife. So, we went well away from where anyone would think to look for a couple of people doing what we intended to be doing.

After we set up camp around 11am we ate some sandwiches then went for a walk. We made a full circle around our camp site to see how close anyone or anything might be. We were at least 3/4s of a mile from anything.

So we went back to our camp and did what we really came to do then as it was getting dark I started making coffee and my "wife" broke out a jiffy pop and cooked it up.

Wasn't long and we started hearing movement in the woods. I'm thinking deer. Anyway, we heard a sound almost like a bull just one time, then mostly heavy walking around noises.

Something threw rocks a few times but I never did see anything and I looked around with a flashlight many times. Had the rocks been smaller or some form of nuts I would have just assumed squirrels.

I just happened to have a 380 semi automatic pistol with me and figured it was safer to stay by the fire then try to hike 3/4s of a mile back to my truck in the dark.

We did not sleep at all and waited till sunlight to grab everything and head to the truck. At the time Bigfoot was the last thing on my mind when I planned for the trip.

I thought about getting a bunch of trap cameras and going to see what happened, but my wife will not go camping since that trip.

Not saying it was Bigfoot, but I am open minded about the whole topic after that.

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

It was probably her husband.

#12    JVG

JVG

Government Agent

• 3,263 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 25 April 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

I did not say Red Skelton but he was real and funny.

#13    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostForever Cursed, on 25 April 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

"IF" some one some day actually produced an actual photo of Bigfoot how could you tell ?  I mean you could say, "They don't exist, so all photo's are fake."  But what if ?  Do you think you cold really tell the difference ?

Honestly? Most likely not. It will take physical proof from the being itself (DNA, body, hair, etc.) to eventually prove that it exists, not photos or videos since those can always and usually are faked.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#14    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,309 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostForever Cursed, on 25 April 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

There's more to it than simply examining the photo in order to judge authenticity - it is equally important (but often much harder) to examine the context and the personalities involved...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#15    BLUEWATERS

BLUEWATERS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

My house is surrounded by woods, both by pines and other trees. When I first moved to Wisconsin, I didn't know what to expect. My husbands works nighttime
hours. I've always been afraid the dark, especially at night. The only way I'd know that Bigfoot was real or not would be; if  I found Bigfoot footprints on my
property. We don't have neighbors near by. Wisconsin has been known of having Bigfoot sightings .I've had bears, grey & wolves come around my  house.
I also have many bird feeders, both in font and in the back of my house. I'd surely  know if my bird feeders  and other stuff were scattered on the ground.
Second, If I were to see one, I'd definitely call my husband at work or  call the cops. :yes: :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users