Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Blood from world's oldest woman suggests life

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,057 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

http://www.aol.com/a...295&hpt=hp_bn17

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,154 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

It is not only the stem cells, it is the general limitation of cells to reproduce themselves that limits life, and 115-120 is what was the general assumption of the max. life span of a human being. So no surprise here.... just another piece of evidence.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 18,757 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Unfortunately, living much beyond 85 is to have a 'life' of such poor quality as to be nothing I aspire to. Unless and until medical science is able to assure quality of life then I have no interest in living 25 years with the lifestyle of a nursing home resident.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,195 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

If science can figure out how to artificially generate the stem cells, and cells in general, it may be that humans are able to live much, much longer.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,142 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostLilly, on 26 April 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Unfortunately, living much beyond 85 is to have a 'life' of such poor quality as to be nothing I aspire to. Unless and until medical science is able to assure quality of life then I have no interest in living 25 years with the lifestyle of a nursing home resident.
I totally agree,living in a nursing home is not my idea of living a normal life.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users