Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Google is Big Brother


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,668 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

I closed my Google Account about 6 weeks ago, because of P.C. complications and started using Yahoo, which is o.k. then I decided to open up another Google Account using a different log in name and password, and now I've found that almost everything I've done on Yahoo including coming to U.M. has been recorded by Google. I find this pretty scary that they are doing this, where have the Privacy Policies gone,once they have your real name and address they can track you anywhere on the internet.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 7,635 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

We even tried changing our IP address, they will always track you. As long as they do not know where I live I am not too worried.
I blame yahoo here for allowing google to get your info.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,668 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 April 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

We even tried changing our IP address, they will always track you. As long as they do not know where I live I am not too worried.
I blame yahoo here for allowing google to get your info.
  Good one Free, at least you can move your home , not even M.I 5 can find you ,heh. The problem is that Yahoo isn't as good as Google for blocking attacks,I'm using Spam Fighter at the moment which seems to be solving unwanted e-mails etc. plus Norton.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

I always tell people that its not just the goverment that collects our data. Its everyone, phone companies, Google etc.

I use a VPN service because of this. It is also great security against hackers and such :tu:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,510 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

I deleted my gmail account, wish I had never signed up for it.


#6    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,800 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

You forgot one thing after closing your account.

http://www.google.co...nologies/types/


#7    MissJatti

MissJatti

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:You have reached your destination

  • There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

what is this.. hidemyass i keep on hearing about now and then???

Posted Image

#8    Dinosaur Jr

Dinosaur Jr

    I'm not a Mutant.

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Joined:23 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Address Unknown

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 27 April 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

what is this.. hidemyass i keep on hearing about now and then???

It's a VPN service, I have used it in the past. I don't think it's 100% anonymous either, I bet they keep logs or something....


#9    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,800 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostOUTSIDER F-XILES, on 27 April 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:



It's a VPN service, I have used it in the past. I don't think it's 100% anonymous either, I bet they keep logs or something....

They probably do. Try using Tor. That's the best it gets.


#10    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 27 April 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

what is this.. hidemyass i keep on hearing about now and then???

I use Private Internet Access. Its like the same thing except they swear that they dont keep logs( which means they dont sell your info and if the feds want your history they cant get it simply because it gets thrown out and not collected) unlike Hide My Ass.  Im not doing anything illegal but its a nice feature, and its cheaper then Hide My Ass.

Edited by spartan max2, 27 April 2014 - 12:49 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#11    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

    Abysmal Seeker

  • Member
  • 3,090 posts
  • Joined:20 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NC

  • "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 27 April 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

They probably do. Try using Tor. That's the best it gets.

I have downloaded Tor recently and I love it..


#12    XingWi

XingWi

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined:29 May 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 27 April 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

I use Private Internet Access. Its like the same thing except they swear that they dont keep logs( which means they dont sell your info and if the feds want your history they cant get it simply because it gets thrown out and not collected) unlike Hide My Ass.  Im not doing anything illegal but its a nice feature, and its cheaper then Hide My Ass.

Hi Spartan, they all swear they don't have activity loggers but it is just a marketing gimmick. At the very least they have to store the mapped IP addresses because they have to comply with the internet laws in their own countries. If they are charging you more with this claim, you might want to consider buying another cheaper and faster VPN in a country that is closer to your physical location. I apologize if I sound patronizing in any way (I assure you that is really not my intention :)) but I have tried at least a dozen VPNs in the past few years so I know all about their bogus claims. Even after joining this website, in the past couple of years, I have switched at least four different VPNs from four different countries. When I joined this website I had a VPN from Sweden, a couple of months later I switched to Romania. Owing to the distance between my country and the Western Europe, the lag was too much and I knew they were not giving me the perfect anonymity that they were promising, despite the liberal internet laws in the Western Europe. I was so tired of the lag that I had to switch twice to other cheaper and faster VPNs that were physically located in the countries that were closer to mine, although, they neither affirmed nor denied activity logging, but I wasn't concerned about it much anyway because I knew every VPN has to log activities or at least has to store the mapped IP addresses of their users. I am on a VPN 24x7. I live in a country that has very strict internet regulations, because of that I am forced to hire VPN services from other countries.

VPNs do give their users anonymity and hide their actual IP addresses but only as long as the users do not violate any of the internet laws in the country of the VPN provider. If any of their laws is violated, then a local court order issued to the VPN provider is enough to compromise the user's anonymity. I am yet to come across any system that gives their users perfect anonymity and security. Behind the veil of "anonymity" some people do feel "invincible" but it is only a psychological thing. I am not saying it's you but some people do.


And those who are using Tor browser also need to be very careful:

http://www.howtogeek...ous-and-secure/

http://arstechnica.c...mail-passwords/

http://raided4tor.cryto.net/


#13    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostXingWi, on 28 April 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hi Spartan, they all swear they don't have activity loggers but it is just a marketing gimmick. At the very least they have to store the mapped IP addresses because they have to comply with the internet laws in their own countries. If they are charging you more with this claim, you might want to consider buying another cheaper and faster VPN in a country that is closer to your physical location. I apologize if I sound patronizing in any way (I assure you that is really not my intention :)) but I have tried at least a dozen VPNs in the past few years so I know all about their bogus claims. Even after joining this website, in the past couple of years, I have switched at least four different VPNs from four different countries. When I joined this website I had a VPN from Sweden, a couple of months later I switched to Romania. Owing to the distance between my country and the Western Europe, the lag was too much and I knew they were not giving me the perfect anonymity that they were promising, despite the liberal internet laws in the Western Europe. I was so tired of the lag that I had to switch twice to other cheaper and faster VPNs that were physically located in the countries that were closer to mine, although, they neither affirmed nor denied activity logging, but I wasn't concerned about it much anyway because I knew every VPN has to log activities or at least has to store the mapped IP addresses of their users. I am on a VPN 24x7. I live in a country that has very strict internet regulations, because of that I am forced to hire VPN services from other countries.

VPNs do give their users anonymity and hide their actual IP addresses but only as long as the users do not violate any of the internet laws in the country of the VPN provider. If any of their laws is violated, then a local court order issued to the VPN provider is enough to compromise the user's anonymity. I am yet to come across any system that gives their users perfect anonymity and security. Behind the veil of "anonymity" some people do feel "invincible" but it is only a psychological thing. I am not saying it's you but some people do.


And those who are using Tor browser also need to be very careful:

http://www.howtogeek...ous-and-secure/

http://arstechnica.c...mail-passwords/

http://raided4tor.cryto.net/

The U.S law dosent force data logs. Unlike the E.U who does.

Private internet access is based in the U.S. Sure i take their promise with a grain of salt but as the laws are right now they are not forced to.

:tu:

Edited by spartan max2, 28 April 2014 - 03:16 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#14    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

    Warrior of Light

  • Member
  • 4,124 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Serbia

  • .....This moment contains all moments.....

    ...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

the age of surveillance is coming

in the pupil of 1000 eyes

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland


#15    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Everywhere.

  • Time's up.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 28 April 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

the age of surveillance is coming

in the pupil of 1000 eyes
...Its been here for a very long time.

Tempus Edax Rerum




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users