Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The mystery of color perception

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,622 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

The mystery of color perception
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 03:53s

Does everyone perceive colors the same way or is one person's red another person's blue ?

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 41,862 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

I've wondered about this kind of thing before. I also wonder if we each see the same shade of a colour too. Like although we could all be looking at something blue for example, but is the shade of blue I can see the same shade of blue that someone else is seeing. That's not counting people who are colour blind like my friend is because people like him really do see colours differently.

I enjoyed that video :tu:

Posted Image

#3    lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,827 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'd guess our shared common physiology dictates that most of us perceive colors  pretty much the same?    Just as most of us perceive basically the same range of sound frequencies.. we perceive basically the same range of Light/Color frequencies?

.. Leaving color blindnesses aside...  I know there are minor variations in the way  people perceive colors because of hundreds of discussions i've had with other people on , to them or I ,what looks more blueish or greenish   or browns looking more greenish or reddish  .. and so on.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#4    Bildr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

• “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users