Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The mysteries of 'lucid' dreaming

lucid dreaming consciousness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,648 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

One of our most mysterious and intriguing states of consciousness is the dream. We lose consciousness when we enter the deep waters of sleep, only to regain it as we emerge into a series of uncanny private realities. These air pockets of inner experience have been difficult for psychologists to study scientifically and, as a result, researchers have mostly resorted to measuring brain activity as the sleeper lies passive. But interest has recently returned to a technique that allows real-time communication from within the dream world.

http://www.theguardi...usness-research

Posted Image

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,847 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Still Waters, on 30 April 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

One of our most mysterious and intriguing states of consciousness is the dream. We lose consciousness when we enter the deep waters of sleep, only to regain it as we emerge into a series of uncanny private realities. These air pockets of inner experience have been difficult for psychologists to study scientifically and, as a result, researchers have mostly resorted to measuring brain activity as the sleeper lies passive. But interest has recently returned to a technique that allows real-time communication from within the dream world.

http://www.theguardi...usness-research

Hahahaha "best of luck with that" those guys should spend six months hanging out with me.

Yes. I have known this for a very long time. People have ridiculed and ridiculed me for teaching people to roll their eyes up to break sleep parslysis episodes because eyes are not affected by the parslysis. I think they thought I was teaching people hokey things but I knew exactly what was happening, I just gave up exsplaining my advice every.... Single... time.

Anyway. I'm have a feeling it won't end. Some person will show up frightened to the core about sleep paralysis, I will teach them to use their eyes to end it, some uninformed skeptic will say I'm teaching woo, and I simply have lost the energy to to exdain it to them. Somone else can.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,974 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

I found the counting part interesting and how physical actions take longer.

A recent study by neuroscientist Daniel Erlacher and his colleagues at the University of Bern compared how long it took to complete different tasks while lucid dreaming and while awake. These included counting, walking a specified number of steps, and a simple gymnastics-like routine. They found that the "mental action" of counting happened at the same speed regardless of whether volunteers were dreaming or awake, but the "physical actions" took longer in dreams than in real life.

Also tagged with lucid dreaming, consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users