Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Michael Schratt UFO investigator

ufo

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

Yes.  But what happens to these people?  How can a guy like John Lear just go nuts?  Gordon Cooper too?  

Yes indeed they can!! What makes them immune to the ravages of age? Dementia? Have you ever been with a parent or Grandparent as they live their final years to their deathbed with one of these conditions? Do you realise how COMMON these conditions are?

You have been shown that Gordon Cooper had a serious problem with his former employer, and that as soon as he was rejected as mission leader for Apollo 13-14. After that he suddenly started seeing flying saucers and blaming that very employer - coincidence? And you have never had the guts to face Edgar Mitchell's statement which refutes Coops. Are you calling Coops or Mitchell the liar here? Because you cannot believe both of them as they say different things.

Uncomfortable for you I am sure, facing facts often is where the credulous are concerned.

Astounding that you think UFO story tellers are super humans immune to any human condition, or human error. That's the magical 5% - the discrepancies that cannot be resolved rationally due to the fantastic nature of the claims. Of the alleged 5% of unknowns, and considering the above, it seems more likely that figure is accurately reflected as about 0.0001%.

Are these people just plain marginally insane?  

No, some are totally insane, that's part of being human. But I would wager that the reasons for extraordinary claims are as numerous as the claims themselves.

So... most everyone connected with ufology seems to be insane, or close to it.  

How do you keep coming to these one sided jaded conclusions? After all your time here how can you still think UFOlogy is entirely associated with the Charlatans you and your buddy Zoser keep championing? I have listed the names of the credible people studying this phenomena in the fields of Physics, Astronomy, Astrobiology and Meteorology. It is completely dense to keep insisting one side of UFOlogy covers all. Only the most arrogant of fools would put George Adamski and Michio Kaku in the same boat.

It's not like they're getting rich telling UFO stories.  

Rubbish, many do, and rich is not the entire goal, some of these people simply avoid an honest days work their entire lives, and live of the benefits of the credulous. That is rich in a sense - never having to work. These retired old men can either spend their days alone in a nursing home awaiting the grim reaper, or they can talk UFO's to noobish Journalists and garner attention from all sides as well as many benefits just for offering a story an appeal to Authority.

So, Steven Greer has been completely smeared... yet the Disclosure Project seems to have some value.  

Yes, Greer is 110% discredited no two ways about it, but the Disclosure has no value, who on earth gave you that crazy idea?

Of course, your partner in credulity. Never mind. But that statement is impossible for you to back up.

Insanity just isn't that common... what would make someone (John Lear) believe the Earth is hollow, and the Moon is an artificial satellite?  Don't know.

Age. You know it is not a shame or crime to break down as one ages, it's nature.

Because here you go - perfect example. Lear, a very accomplished man in his day has some amazing claims that are simply not true. And you can pursue these subjects yourself to find out why he is 100% wrong. What has he to gain? Apparently nothing, what money does he make from these claims? Seemingly none, but they are fabrications all the same - no getting away from that.

Please don't involve yourself, then.

It is a discussion forum, you need to learn to take the good with the bad, if you do not like comments, then a blog would suit you better.

Edited by psyche101, 02 May 2014 - 02:33 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:34 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

No, of course not.  Are all these people just making stuff up?  Why?  Could you live your life... just making up lies?  Don't think so.

Could you go on a serial killing rampage murdering women and children? Could you hijack and fly a plane into a building? Don't think so, Some have though, yet according to your logic it's not going to happen.

Edited by psyche101, 02 May 2014 - 02:35 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#48    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

I can't believe that people would seriously consider that Dan Burisch and wife have any credibility whatsoever.As for John Lear,the guy believes you can breathe on the moon amongst other things,in fact is there any crank claim he has heard that he doesn't like?.So long as Ufology.in some quarters, still accepts people like this it will never get out of the ghetto its in now

#49    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Because being "debunked" is not the last word... perhaps some can/will be Un-debunked.

You only think that because you have not read or undertood explainations. Not like it's a close race or something you know.

#50    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:47 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Thanks for this...  Dr. Dan's rebuttal seems a little weak, yes?  If Dr. Dan is a fraud, then "J-Rod" is likely non-existent.  I know there is credibility somewhere in the UFO field... where?

Stephen Hawking, Brian Greene, Michio Kaku, Freeman Dyson, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Carl Sagan, Enrico Fermi, Alan Guth, Jacques Vallee, Alexander Vilenkin, Arvind Borde, Simon Conway Morris, Dr David Morrison, Max Tegmark or Frank Drake ought to be enough names to kick you off.

J-Rod is likely non-existent? LOL!!! :w00t:

#51    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

Your nobody 'till somebody "debunks" you...

Posted Image

#52    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,190 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

Yes.  But what happens to these people?  How can a guy like John Lear just go nuts?  Gordon Cooper too?   Are these people just plain marginally insane?  So... most everyone connected with ufology seems to be insane, or close to it.  It's not like they're getting rich telling UFO stories.
Old age.

So, Steven Greer has been completely smeared... yet the Disclosure Project seems to have some value.
And what value is that? Another empty claim with no substance?

Insanity just isn't that common...
A hand full of people is common now?

what would make someone (John Lear) believe the Earth is hollow, and the Moon is an artificial satellite?  Don't know.
And air on the moon, there's soul collector on the moon, people live on mars, the solar system has 20 planets and people live on every one of them. The guy is a loon.

#53    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 May 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

the solar system has 20 planets and people live on every one of them. The guy is a loon.

Ohh, I hadn't heard that one!! Crikey Moses!!

20 Planets hey!!

#54    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,190 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 02 May 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

Ohh, I hadn't heard that one!! Crikey Moses!!

20 Planets hey!!
My mistake, it's 40 planets.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rz0eEDlmhYs

At 1:40 the presenter states Lear's research has lead him to believe there is 40 planets and they're inhabited by humans. At about 36:10 Lear tries to explain why these planets are kept secret and talks about bigfoot being from mars.

Edited by Rlyeh, 02 May 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#55    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

It's not like they're getting rich telling UFO stories.

Riches are one thing, an easy steady income is another...

quote:

This story has a little bit of everything, including a lot of unanswered questions. When Channel 8 produced a story in 1994 about this volunteer teacher at the Boys and Girls club, he was introduced as Dr. Dan Crain. At the time, Dan Crain, now known as Dan Burisch, was supposedly participating in the most secret program in existence. But the secret is now out. Burisch has a worldwide following -- websites a message boards, books, audiotapes and DVDs. He has a publicist and a biographer, a high profile for a secret scientist

Books, DVD's, tapes... ker-ching!!  :tu:

eta source
http://www.8newsnow....y.asp?S=4190378

Edited by seeder, 02 May 2014 - 07:17 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#56    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,616 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Thanks for this...  Dr. Dan's rebuttal seems a little weak, yes?

no weaker than the so-called debunking...?

I haven't made my mind up about Burisch...so I keep him on the back-burner..

If Dr. Dan is a fraud, then "J-Rod" is likely non-existent.  I know there is credibility somewhere in the UFO field... where?

I'm no expert on the subject but what I do is use my own instincts and try to not get side-tracked by 'debunkers'...

Also...infiltration is standard practice, I think, with the Intelligence Service...so the waters can get muddied very easily..

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

Your nobody 'till somebody "debunks" you...

LOL......

cue for a song....maybe not.... ^_^

Posted Image

#57    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

View Postdr no, on 02 May 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

I can't believe that people would seriously consider that Dan Burisch and wife have any credibility whatsoever.As for John Lear,the guy believes you can breathe on the moon amongst other things,in fact is there any crank claim he has heard that he doesn't like?.So long as Ufology.in some quarters, still accepts people like this it will never get out of the ghetto its in now
I have to agree with you... but, why is this seeming "insanity" so rampant among those who have to be regarded as formerly highly competent people (John Lear).  Isn't there a core of fact somewhere in the UFO case history?  If not... what are people experiencing with "missing time", etc.

#58    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postseeder, on 02 May 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Riches are one thing, an easy steady income is another...

quote:

This story has a little bit of everything, including a lot of unanswered questions. When Channel 8 produced a story in 1994 about this volunteer teacher at the Boys and Girls club, he was introduced as Dr. Dan Crain. At the time, Dan Crain, now known as Dan Burisch, was supposedly participating in the most secret program in existence. But the secret is now out. Burisch has a worldwide following -- websites a message boards, books, audiotapes and DVDs. He has a publicist and a biographer, a high profile for a secret scientist

Books, DVD's, tapes... ker-ching!!  :tu:

eta source
http://www.8newsnow....y.asp?S=4190378

Books, tapes and DVD's...?  You know how dirt poor most authors are(on proceeds from their books)?  The production of these materials is likely VERY limited.  Usually, in the end, sold at a minimum to cover publishing costs.  I think it's safe to say Dr. Dan has been discredited here... but, to live a lie, for a few dollars?  That doesn't make much sense either.  In your opinion... where is there truth in the UFO saga?  Can anyone be believed?  Are contributors to this Forum more believable than anyone else?  Or, do we only regard empirically reproducible matters/events as fact?

Edited by bendigger0, 02 May 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#59    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 May 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

Old age.

And what value is that? Another empty claim with no substance?

A hand full of people is common now?

And air on the moon, there's soul collector on the moon, people live on mars, the solar system has 20 planets and people live on every one of them. The guy is a loon.
  The rather many testimonies of Disclosure Project participants, seems well more than a "handful".  Are they all insane?

#60    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

View Postbendigger0, on 02 May 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Books, tapes and DVD's...?  You know how dirt poor most authors are(on proceeds from their books)?

Yes I know about authors, my father is one, and made a fair mint writing about his 'real life' as a psychic detective. Of course books like that feed the fringe market, and the fringe market is pretty damned huge. Did you not notice this bit:  He has a publicist and a biographer, a high profile for a secret scientist

So, he can afford a publicist and a biographer....

It used to be said and I dont know if its still true, that the 2 commonest internet searches were...UFO's...and Porn. The 2 biggest search phrases!! So lets leave out the porn... people are searching for this stuff, big time. And he has conveniently written the type of stuff the fringe want to lap up. Even if he never makes it 'rich-rich', Im sure that he makes enough to be comfortable, so that, as psyche mentioned earlier, he doesn't have to do 'real work'

Edited by seeder, 02 May 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

Also tagged with ufo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users