Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Five of the Internetís unsolved mysteries

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,472 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Washington Post said:

An intrepid computer scientist at the BBC has been quietly whittling away at one of the Web’s greatest mysteries. There are, admittedly, a lot of contenders for that title — but the case of “Webdriver Torso” is particularly puzzling.

Webdriver is a YouTube channel with a simple, impenetrable premise. Every hour or so, the channel posts a new 11-second sequence of red and blue boxes moving around the screen. The account ran from September 2013 until mid-April, when it mysteriously stopped; recently, the uploads have begun again. According to one theory, the channel could be a modern “numbers station” – cryptic radio signals used during the Cold War to send messages to spies. According to another, the videos are communications from aliens.

Which is it? Frankly, we don’t know. Even after analyzing all the data for the nearly 80,000 cryptic, 11-second videos on Webdriver Torso’s YouTube channel, the BBC’s Stephen Beckett could only conclude that the videos were — maybe possibly — uploaded from France. No sign of who’s behind them. No suggestion why they started. And, most infuriatingly, not even a hint at what they mean.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,584 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Here is one explanation for Webdriver...or maybe not.

http://www.theguardi...webdriver-torso

Edited by StarMountainKid, 05 May 2014 - 02:37 AM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users