Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

You are God!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    JJ50

JJ50

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Shock, horror, :w00t:  God has decided that it is time to retire as the strain of being in the post is getting too much for such a very senior citizen. You have found the God mantle has fallen on your shoulders, so how would you deal with it?

If I were to find myself in that position, I think for the first time in my life instead of my very small nightly whisky, I might consume a whole bottle and get very drunk, which would be a new experience for me! Once the dreadful hangover had cleared, a few Millennia later, :lol:  my first task would be to do a meet and greet of all earthlings, so they would be in no doubt whatsoever that I existed. They would also be taken on a virtual tour of the afterlife, which would consist of a heavenly idyll crafted to suit all reasonable human desires. They would also view the alternative, the 'sin bin'.  I would then explain how I proposed to go about the God task. I wouldn't want any worship as that would make me very uncomfortable. I would tell them that I would be in the role of a sort of forum Admin to whom they could appeal if there was a problem, and I would help them see a way through it. On death I would make a judgement. Those deemed to have had good enough lives would immediately be waved through the heavenly doors. However, anyone who behaved so very badly would be given timeout in the 'sin bin' to reflect on their crimes. Unlike the hell so beloved by more extreme Christians mine would have a time limit. The miscreant would be deemed to have served their time once they had seen the error of their ways, even if that took thousands of years. My sin bin would have a fire, but rather than roasting sinners, it would be used to cook food for the starving on earth. Each citizen of earth would be fitted with a communication apps built into their brain so getting in touch with me would be only a thought away. No doubt I would have to refine my role as time went on, but I think that would do for starters.

How would you go about it?

“The wise recognise their failings and laugh at their idiosyncrasies” RJG

#2    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

I'd destroy everything, the earth, heaven and hell, time, space - EVERYTHING.

And then I would kill myself so that there would be nothing. No gods, no kings, no money, no wars.

True peace.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#3    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,303 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:01 AM

I'll just incarnate as some guy, come down, and do the guy thang.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#4    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,317 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

midgets.

midgets everywhere

Peace does nothing to test strength

#5    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,310 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'd put the pesky humans in charge of listening to all the prayers of those they hurt... continuously, even when they slept.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#6    Lawrenceswan

Lawrenceswan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

In my opinion god is one, and it cannot be found in stones.

Edited by Lawrenceswan, 09 May 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#7    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Interesting

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#8    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

First thing first, I would explore the universe, to see what is out there and if I am needed elsewhere instead of Earth. After doing that, I would subtly leave hints in how to achieve interplanetary travel for human race, push themselves beyond their limit. I would leave a goal for them to achieve and prosper without my aid or influence, so that way they can actually stand on their own two feet while obtaining peace for themselves. I wouldn't directly or indirectly influence their decisions, regardless how much I would want too, definitely wouldn't pre-determine their life's paths ahead of their birth where they are doomed or saved from the beginning.

I would give them true free-will...

Once they succeed in this, I would bring back specific love ones who are benevolent in nature, so they may enjoy this time of peace and prosperity with their decedents while letting my presence be known. In doing so, I would explain my plans and goals for them, reason I stop directly being part of their lives because they can stand on their own two feet. This is what I would do with all races and extraterrestrials, how they grow depends if they will prosper or die out depends solely on their choices. I don't need people to worship me or love me to be satisfy, I am an person that rather see people standing on their own feet without aid of others than to have them heavily depending on me.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 11 May 2014 - 12:53 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,000 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

I would make all weapons on the earth malfunction and fail.  When someone went into a rage or tried to lash out and hit or harm another person with a weapon I'd make it so they would collapse unconscious like those goats that fall over when they get scared.  Eventually people would realise those feelings are just gonna hurt themselves and figure out a different way to deal with their negative emotions - or spend alot of time unconscious which is a win for the potential victims regardless.  Things should start to improve from there onwards me thinks.

It would be somewhat entertaining walking the streets and seeing random folk lying on the sidewalk knowing they are there because they were about to do something nasty, the embarrassment alone might make a few of them wake up to themselves.

I think I have the potential of being a pretty wicked God, playing with folk like that, oh well.

Edited by libstaK, 11 May 2014 - 01:14 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users