Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

madeleine mccann praia da luz

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 43,363 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

Portuguese authorities have approved Met Police plans to dig for evidence in the resort where Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.

Forensics officers will use ground penetrating radar equipment to search at three sites in Praia da Luz.

http://news.sky.com/...ig-for-evidence

I don't like the sound of this :(

Posted Image

#2    Astra.

Astra.

    Xanadu

  • Member
  • 3,787 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2014
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Home grown Gold Coaster.

  • We are in the cosmos - and the cosmos are in us.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

I couldn't begin to imagine what her poor parents have gone through :(

Posted Image

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 43,363 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostAstra00, on 06 May 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I couldn't begin to imagine what her poor parents have gone through :(
Me neither :no:

Posted Image

#4    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 14,145 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Well its another thing to be ruled out I guess, but all this should have happened much sooner imo... I cant believe the time that has gone by before coming up with this plan.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

    hi

  • Member
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

which brings the question, does the Met police have actually found anything, there is no strong lead i fear


#6    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 14,145 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostYes_Man, on 06 May 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

which brings the question, does the Met police have actually found anything, there is no strong lead i fear

We'll have to wait and see, they usually dont release too much or any info on new investigations

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 15,200 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostAstra00, on 06 May 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I couldn't begin to imagine what her poor parents have gone through :(
Yes, all those years of worry about whether or not they've gotten away with it must be terrible on them.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#8    amaterasu

amaterasu

    Government Agent

  • Validating
  • 3,697 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • "Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!"

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

It's very peculiar how after 7 years the police are only now beginning to dig for evidence. I wonder if someone has spilled their guts and given the police some new info to work on.

* Group logo removed, please see rule 3i *

#9    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

View Postamaterasu, on 06 May 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

It's very peculiar how after 7 years the police are only now beginning to dig for evidence. I wonder if someone has spilled their guts and given the police some new info to work on.

Apparently this is on the back of information given to the Portuguese recently.

The latest is the digs will be postponed a few days as the media has jumped all over it. Portuguese rules do not allow the media to have information to do a running commentary alongside an active investigation, seems a certain amount of conflict exists between the two forces on this issue.

A search warrant has also been refused on 3 former resort workers due to insufficient evidence being put forward to obtain a warrant in court.

Posted Image

#10    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 43,363 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

British police investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance have reportedly been refused permission to search the homes of three burglary suspects.

http://news.sky.com/...earches-refused

One step forward, two steps back.

Posted Image

#11    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 07 May 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

British police investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance have reportedly been refused permission to search the homes of three burglary suspects.

http://news.sky.com/...earches-refused

One step forward, two steps back.

Can't say I am surprised.

To date suspects/persons of interest are:

Tractor Man (dead former resort worker)
Dead pedophile Hewlitt (gave a death bed confession)
6 British Cleaners
1 white van man
unknown number of odd job, gardener, charity collectors
3 burglars
1 smelly men (possible refuse collector)
1 elusive serial sex offender (carried out 18 unreported attacks)
Bundle man (seen carrying off a small child that night)
Bundle man 2 (seen by Irish tourists that night, later identified as looking like Gerry McCann)
An ageing soothing couple who entered the apartment two nights running.
A Barcelona Victoria Beckham lookalike
Various swarthy looking gypsies (sometimes dubbed Monster Man)
1 stairwell lurker
1 Australian millionairess

Posted Image

#12    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2014

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 06 May 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Portuguese authorities have approved Met Police plans to dig for evidence in the resort where Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007.

Forensics officers will use ground penetrating radar equipment to search at three sites in Praia da Luz.

http://news.sky.com/...ig-for-evidence

I don't like the sound of this :(

The media have run stories informing everybody of the three sites the Police intend to search - some wasteland near the appartment complex, the beach and some fields on the edge of the resort. That is eyebrow raising and would seem to indicate a deliberate media leak orchestrated by the Police.

If the body is buried in one of those three sites the killer will be panicing right now. They will attempt to move the body and insert themselves into the investigation. Therefore it will be interesting to see if Gerry McCann turns up in Portugal next week.


#13    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostRabidMongoose, on 10 May 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

The media have run stories informing everybody of the three sites the Police intend to search - some wasteland near the appartment complex, the beach and some fields on the edge of the resort. That is eyebrow raising and would seem to indicate a deliberate media leak orchestrated by the Police.

If the body is buried in one of those three sites the killer will be panicing right now. They will attempt to move the body and insert themselves into the investigation. Therefore it will be interesting to see if Gerry McCann turns up in Portugal next week.

I believe the McCann's have already stated they wont be present for the digs.

Scotland Yard do seem to be inviting carefully selected press members to photograph them in the resort.  The Portuguese do not do running commentaries with their investigations so it will be interesting how this pans out with British police 'inviting' photographers to participate.

Posted Image

#14    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2014

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

View Postskookum, on 11 May 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

I believe the McCann's have already stated they wont be present for the digs.

Scotland Yard do seem to be inviting carefully selected press members to photograph them in the resort.  The Portuguese do not do running commentaries with their investigations so it will be interesting how this pans out with British police 'inviting' photographers to participate.

If it isnt the McCanns and the body or possibility of remaining evidence in one of those areas exists then whoever did it will no doubt be inserting themselves as a photographer? I been watching too much Criminals Minds lol.


#15    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostRabidMongoose, on 11 May 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

If it isnt the McCanns and the body or possibility of remaining evidence in one of those areas exists then whoever did it will no doubt be inserting themselves as a photographer? I been watching too much Criminals Minds lol.

The Portuguese are doing this on Scotland Yards request even though they believe it is a waste of time.  Contrary to UK press reports of the people and police in Portugal bungling and being unhelpful, a very extensive search was carried out.  The search even included micro-light air searches organized by a local airfield.  

This is a small, close community who rely on tourism.  Since this incident they have had their reputation shattered as family resort and some villas are now practically worthless.  I hope this case can be solved happily and everyone involved can find some kind of closure.

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users