Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More Nigerian School Girls Kidnapped

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,222 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

How horrible, just think how the parents must feel.

See link: http://www.aljazeera...2512991127.html

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#2    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,361 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

Since they want to live & think in the 7th century, then they give up the guns.

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,606 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

You'd think this is the kind of thing the U.S. would offer at least some surveillance/technical support if not troops to hunt them down.  Maybe we have, but I haven't read anything other than a generic, "we hope for they're recovered soon" from the government.

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,285 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostWickian, on 07 May 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

You'd think this is the kind of thing the U.S. would offer at least some surveillance/technical support if not troops to hunt them down.  Maybe we have, but I haven't read anything other than a generic, "we hope for they're recovered soon" from the government.

Well, now that you mention it:

http://time.com/8966...-nigeria-girls/

#5    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 07 May 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

Thanks for posting, I missed this news. Govts, seem to do nothing. I can't imagine what these missing girls have been subject to. Makes you sick to think about and also to know this is nothing new in areas of Africa.

But it takes a large number taken at once and in the news to "make"  govts offer help or act? What about the unspeakable terror thousands+++  have been living with every day before this?
Somehow that's okay or overlooked? It seems it's often about numbers of a singular event and/= news attention

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 May 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#6    Solipsi Rai

Solipsi Rai

...from the Desert...

• 2,865 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:25 AM

What can the U.S do to assist the return of the missing school girls...we can aid the Nigerian law enforcement or military forces to hunt down the Nigerian arm of Al-Qaeda or some Islamist insurgents. It's terrible what's going on in Nigeria, over 200 girls went missing by kidnapping or trafficking them across borders to neighboring countries. Good thing the world is finally paying close attention and made it a cause to call for the safe release and return of all the missing girls in Nigeria.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#7    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

God did not command him to sell stolen children, we know that is a lie, I am glad I was fortunate to not be born in such a backwards part of the world. It's just a BS claim made up to validate his crimes. His followers more than likely know this too, it's pillaging is all.

It's like the Muslim Fundies want to instigate an entire new dark age.

It is a shame the US can't just walk in with hundreds of soldiers, and just cleanse this filth from the earth. But then they would be targeted as killers by bleeding hearts, even though they are only putting down sick animals. The world would be much better of with these vile creatures removed from it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,606 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 07 May 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

That's good.

As long as

...trying to identify where in fact these girls might be and provide them help...

means

...trying to identify where in fact these girls might be and put a bullet in the head/torso of any captors...

I think most of us and the families will be satisfied.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Why girls?  This is sick.  I suppose if the States gets involved there will be the usual chorus of "America can't be the world's policeman" and "What is America's interest in this?"

Edited by Frank Merton, 07 May 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#10    Astra.

Astra.

Xanadu

• 3,766 posts

• We are in the cosmos - and the cosmos are in us.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

I don't care who finds these girls, whether it be the US or their own government. At the end of the day I just hope that they are ALL found safe and well.
These uneducated and dangerous maggots who took these girls should be exterminated from the face of the earth
I do not regard them as human.

Posted Image

#11    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,222 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

It's important to keep in mind these are children (age 9 to 14). IMO the perpetrators have made a calculated move by doing this. I suspect they want to entice the USA into sending help to find these children. Naturally, this will then morph into another war against the west (specifically the USA).

Posted Image

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

It will be necessary to get a coalition of African countries involved.  Once this is done the US and Western states would have the opportunity to intervene.  Right now they have the ability but opportunities are limited.  All I am saying is there is a moral outrage going on and all mankind needs to involve itself.

#13    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,222 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 May 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

...  All I am saying is there is a moral outrage going on and all mankind needs to involve itself.

I think humanity is at a crossroad. Do we want to allow a minority to dictate a social order based on ancient beliefs, or go forward into a future where people are educated and free to make their own choices in life.

Posted Image

#14    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostLilly, on 07 May 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

It's important to keep in mind these are children (age 9 to 14). IMO the perpetrators have made a calculated move by doing this. I suspect they want to entice the USA into sending help to find these children. Naturally, this will then morph into another war against the west (specifically the USA).

Considering the circumstances, one would hope the rest of the world would be behind the USA this time.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Dealing with this kind of ruthless rural terrorism is very difficult for a civilized army; we saw it in Somalia, so I can see why there is a lot of caution.  My guess is that there will be outrage after outrage and sooner or later it will tip the balance.  I hope behind the scenes arrangements are already being made, but it not something they will make public.  If not Obama should be strung up by his toenails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users