Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Humans Are Too Stupid

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Finding extraterrestrial signals has been dreamed about for decades.

But a researcher from the University of Cádiz in Spain says we shouldn’t be looking - because we’re not ready to meet aliens.
Gabriel De la Torre revealed to MailOnline how his survey of students showed the general level of ignorance and influence of religion would leave us shocked if we made first contact.

http://www.dailymail...ims-expert.html

Edited by Sweetpumper, 07 May 2014 - 03:42 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#2    Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

A survey of students (young, like to party, etc) is not a very representative sample of the human population!  Talk about a skewed sample.

Edited by phantasia, 07 May 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

10264686_10152839194266632_8321569544184847012_n.jpg

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

A whole 116 of them.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

But a researcher from the University of Cádiz in Spain says we shouldn’t be looking - because we’re not ready to meet aliens.
Gabriel De la Torre revealed to MailOnline how his survey of students showed the general level of ignorance and influence of religion would leave us shocked if we made first contact.

Hi SP...I find it hard to disagree with Professor De La Torre's conclusion, but would also add that he has only skimmed the surface of just why we 'Earthlings' are a long way from being fit to mingle with 'our betters in the cosmos!'...A few more examples that I will toss in there is our species' propensity for Warmongering , Slavery , Torture Facilities , The In Camera Toleration of Suffering and Starvation of our Neighbours etc...and the all round bush league status of our mental sophistication with regards to the fellow residents ...[human and other species] of this planet!

Cheers Buddy.

Edited by 1963, 07 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,363 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I wish Alien ships city by city for 5 minutes at a time drop rubber Chickens from the sky.Then take off, and do this for a month.Then come back the same time next year and write in the sky "Pwned!".

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#7    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,687 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

what numbers about this poll is he even freaking out about?  I dont agree with alot of these but none of them stand out to me as a threat to alien visitation?

THE RESULTS AT A GLANCE

Of the 116 students...
72.8% believe that demons and angels exist.
33.7% don't think humans are the origin of global warming.
82.1% think it is important to have a space agency.
71.4% think the military should have the main role in the event of contact with an alien civilisation.
80% believe if we find aliens more advanced than us they will try to conquer us.
78% believe there is a chance we've been visited by aliens in the past.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3132OhNYy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by spartan max2, 07 May 2014 - 04:26 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#8    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

The human population would easily cope with meeting an other alien culture. But to this guy in his ivory tower everyone is way to below him to be able to accept aliens I guess. :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2, 07 May 2014 - 04:30 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#9    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

I've always said that the main problem is indifference.  Not sure if there would be major religious implications as the church seems now to be more and more accepting of the idea.

Posted Image

#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 07 May 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

The human population would easily cope with meeting an other alien culture.

I don't know about that. Go read some of today's headlines, we can't even cope with each other.

#11    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

I don't know about that. Go read some of today's headlines, we can't even cope with each other.

Watch the movie District 9.  If you think humans and aliens could live together!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

We are as ready now as we are ever going to be. It seems that everyone does not count us as ready until we have some global Utopian world. Well that is probably never going to happen.

I do not really know what people are expecting to happen. Aliens visit, they would probably have some big conference  where they talk in front of the U.N and then who knows.

View Postzoser, on 07 May 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Watch the movie District 9.  If you think humans and aliens could live together!

Posted Image

It is only a movie, making ton of assumptions on all sorts of variables that we will not know until we are "visited" if we ever are

Criss Jami

#13    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 07 May 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

It is only a movie, making ton of assumptions on all sorts of variables that we will not know until we are "visited" if we ever are

Would you fancy living alongside those scavenger prawns?

Edited by zoser, 07 May 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image

#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 07 May 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

We are as ready now as we are ever going to be. It seems that everyone does not count us as ready until we have some global Utopian world. Well that is probably never going to happen.

I do not really know what people are expecting to happen. Aliens visit, they would probably have some big conference  where they talk in front of the U.N and then who knows.

Or they'll just fry us all in one fell swoop.

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Or they'll just fry us all in one fell swoop.

Or conduct massive hybrid fertilisation experiments on us like they do when they abduct people.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users