Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hiding Avatars

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    E. L. Wisty

E. L. Wisty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

Maybe I'm just unobservant, but I can't seem to find the control panel that most forums have which allows you the option of not seeing avatars. Moving avatars (and signatures) that play a frantic little two-second movie over and over again in the corner of your eye are so incredibly annoying that some forums won't let you have them at all, but those that do allow them usually have the decency to make it optional for the rest of us to endure the wretched things. Is there a way to switch them off, or shall I just carry on scrolling past all such posts without bothering to read them?

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,724 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

You can ignore specific signatures by hovering over a signature and clicking the "X" at the top right of the signature block.

I don't believe there's an option to do this for profile pictures though.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 11,307 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

If using FF or Pale Moon just right click on the image in question and then [ View Image Info ] tick the [Block Images from - ]

Bear in mind that all images from the site in question will be blocked ~ you can always Unblock when time comes to the need ... just a workaround ~ not perfect ~

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.

Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC

~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#4    E. L. Wisty

E. L. Wisty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for trying to be helpful, third_eye, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm a bit vague about technical things, so no doubt I don't have FF or Pale Moon, whatever they are. Ah well, it doesn't really matter. As a rule of thumb (on any forum, not just this one), the more hyperactive the animated avatar is, the less likely it is that the poster has anything the least bit interesting to say, so by scrolling past these posts and completely ignoring threads dominated by them, I'm missing very little.

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 11,307 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostE. L. Wisty, on 10 May 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

Thanks for trying to be helpful, third_eye, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm a bit vague about technical things, so no doubt I don't have FF or Pale Moon, whatever they are. Ah well, it doesn't really matter. As a rule of thumb (on any forum, not just this one), the more hyperactive the animated avatar is, the less likely it is that the poster has anything the least bit interesting to say, so by scrolling past these posts and completely ignoring threads dominated by them, I'm missing very little.

Web Browsers Fire Fox and Pale Moon ~ not sure which browser you are using ~ sorry to be not helping much ~ :tu:

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.

Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC

~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users