Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA Recreates Space Dust in the Lab

stellar dust

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 41,395 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Scientists of NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif., have, for the first time, reproduced tiny particles of dust that are known to accumulate around red giant stars. Dust is usually a mild annoyance here on Earth, but stellar dust is very special stuff  - it forms the building blocks for planets.

Posted Image

#2    DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,918 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

So.... How do they know this is the kind of dust that accumulates around a red giant? I don't think anyone has been to a red giant to see what the dust there looks like.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users