Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NYPD pressuring muslims to be informants

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,252 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

From the article:

“Are you a Muslim? Which Mosque do you go to? Do you know al-Qaeda?”

These are questions New York City Police (NYPD) are asking young Muslims being picked-up for offenses like traffic violations, subway fair-dodging and graffiti art. The NYPD’s aim: to recruit more young Muslim informants to snitch on their peers.

Once arrested, or pulled in for questioning, NYPD officers claim that these interrogations are merely “non-coercive sessions”, but residents tell another story – of being heavily coerced and pressured into spying by police desperate to generate more intel and ‘reports on the Muslim community’ (read full report below).

Coercion is the key feature here, and so often is the case that both police and informants feel the pressure to produce ‘high value’ or ‘actionable’ intel and will routinely exaggerate findings, or even contrive a situation in order to carry out a ‘terror bust’.

This was most certainly the case in 2012, when the NYPD grandstanded after claims that they foiled a major terror plot by Quazi Mohammad Nafis, a 21 year old Bangali student, to blow up the NY Federal Reserve. Closer examination revealed a story of police entrapment – a farcically contrived situation from start to finish, and stage-managed by the NYPD.

New York seems to be a hot bed of innovation when it comes to terror plots. We cannot forget the ‘Christmas Tree Bomber’. As manufactured FBI terror plots go, this was one of the most ridiculous ever staged.

After the bust, then enter stage left, the NSA will normally join in, with the Agency announcing proudly that its wiretapping and spying ‘helped lead to the terror bust’. Each party manages to soak up some credit, and thus justify their own existence financial black holes to the US taxpayer.

As it turns out, 2010′s Christmas Tree Bomber, Mohamed Osman Mohamud, ended up mounting a Constitutional challenge in a federal court on the basis of NSA phone-tapping ‘evidence’ was used by Feds to entrap the mentally deranged, 19 year old Somalia-born student asset.

read it here

Edited by OverSword, 12 May 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#2    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hmmm....

Seeing as the author of the original article believes that 9/11 was not carried out by the actual terrorists (but presumably was... what... a government 'inside job' ? ), then forgive me if I will take this article - with all of its pejorative adjectives and built-in assumptions - with a pinch of seasoning.
Posted Image

Thank Heaven! the crisis, The danger, is past,
And the lingering illness Is over at last—
And the fever called "Living"
  Is conquered at last.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,252 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostRoofGardener, on 12 May 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Hmmm....

Seeing as the author of the original article believes that 9/11 was not carried out by the actual terrorists (but presumably was... what... a government 'inside job' ? ), then forgive me if I will take this article - with all of its pejorative adjectives and built-in assumptions - with a pinch of seasoning.

So since the author of the article is sane enough to believe we do not have the full truth about 911, this entire article is just simply dismissed?  Good for you,

#4    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Oh hush Oversword, that is NOT what I said. I'm merely sane enough to suspect that the author is not giving the full truth about the NYPD campaign.

Thank Heaven! the crisis, The danger, is past,
And the lingering illness Is over at last—
And the fever called "Living"
  Is conquered at last.

#5    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,288 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

this entrapment practice of nypd has been covered before, and their muslim spying programm was covered many times as well. nothing unbelivable.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,657 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

well seeing as 100% of Terrorist attacks on American citizens and soil have been by Muslims, the major news story of the globe is a result of Muslims etc I'd say keeping a clsoe eye on the Mullahs is probably a good idea.

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,252 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 12 May 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

well seeing as 100% of Terrorist attacks on American citizens and soil have been by Muslims, the major news story of the globe is a result of Muslims etc I'd say keeping a clsoe eye on the Mullahs is probably a good idea.
Timothy Vey, Ted Kaczynski. Adam Gadahn.  Think they were all American.

#8    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 12 May 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Let's keep an eye on those Japanese too.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,657 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostOverSword, on 12 May 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Timothy Vey, Ted Kaczynski. Adam Gadahn.  Think they were all American.
Yes, I should have been more precise....

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,657 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:47 AM

View Postandy4, on 12 May 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Let's keep an eye on those Japanese too.
You mean the people who edit their own history books to make the rape of Nanking look like the fault of the Chinese if they mention it at all?

#11    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,644 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

I don't really have a problem with this.  If they're willing to snitch, let them snitch.  If they believe in their faith enough, then they wont.

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,201 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

NYC's new mayor eliminated the undercover investigation of Muslims.  Not sure where this story is coming from.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#13    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,118 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

If it were not for entrapment and police stings, US prisons would be half full.

The War On Terror is intellectually and morally bankrupt--it's no wonder that creating crimes with patsies is the only tactic available to the police.

#14    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hmmm...now this is a quandary for me personally.

I am totally against the police/nanny state.

As a more or less Gnostic with foundations in Christianity...I can't say I am a fan of Islam...regardless of the torrential downpour of sympathizers input, Islam is NOT a religion of peace...one only need to look around to see they are expansionists and converters...if you do not convert...you die...yeah, that sure is peaceful.  They are the diametrical opposite of tolerant.

As a Libertarian, I would like everyone to be free to live as they choose to live.  I could care less what you believe in...that is..until you try to impose your beliefs on me.

The problem I have with all of this turmoil is we seem to be misunderstanding a few things...myself included.  Islam is not a tolerant religion and belief system.  As far as they are concerned...anyone that disagrees with them is hellspawn evil and deserves to die.  They have a long track record of treating women poorly...they kill homosexuals...need I say more?

This is causing all kinds of cognitive dissonance among the liberals...they want to allow the followers of Islam a fair share...but they don't take a fair share.  They want to allow them to practice their religion, but their religion makes women a second class citizen and condemns homosexuals to death.

The only way I can deal with my own cognitive dissonance on this subject is isolationism...cut them off from the rest of the world and let them live as they see fit...but do NOT allow them to come in and change our way of life.  

Western Europe is in a real pickle right now for trying to be the good guys...now they have issues that no one could have imagined.  I read an article this morning of a school in Berlin that has 3 German native students...the rest are immigrant Muslims...and this is Germany?  The epitome of Aryan?  Germany needs to remember that one time the entire world feared them...put aside the guilt of days gone by and "be" German once again...stop being a whipped dog and have some pride for heavens sake...you do NOT have to condone this crap.

OK...let the libs rail against me...even though supporting Islam is supporting the repression of women and gays....reconcile that libs...please...this I have to see.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 13 May 2014 - 02:24 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,692 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

What is the issue here? Asking questions? Are they unfairly singling out those that answer Yes to any of those questions to punishment? If not then they are just questions.

As to snitches, haven't the police everywhere been collecting snitches since Roman times?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users