Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Clear evidence

evidence

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1    BlackHole

BlackHole

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Although I am a believer that aliens are here, I am troubled by a question:  Why do we not yet have a photograph or video that is so clear and convincing that there can be no further doubt?

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Anti-gravity propulsion interference.

Apparently.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

And, as has been said a thousand times before, no one will trust videos or photos in this day and age.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 14 May 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

And, as has been said a thousand times before, no one will trust videos or photos in this day and age.

Unless they are clear and the raw version can be provided. Even a mediocre observer can distinguish online between real or fake videos. The moving fordward question is; will this oberver be impartial and honest with himself after reviewing?

Edited by qxcontinuum, 14 May 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 14 May 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

Unless they are clear and the raw version can be provided.

Would that do it for you?

#6    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostBlackHole, on 14 May 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Although I am a believer that aliens are here, I am troubled by a question:  Why do we not yet have a photograph or video that is so clear and convincing that there can be no further doubt?

I think the reason why is because we aren't being visited by alien craft.Think of how many reports we have had since the  Kenneth Arnold 1947 sighting but still we are waiting for some irrefutable evidence after 60+ years.I used to believe ufos were alien in origin, like you but a realistic look at the evidence doesn't suggest it.

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,145 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

They are rather shy of the camera, something to do with their butts looking bigger...caused by the pull of earth's stronger gravity

:lol:

Edited by seeder, 14 May 2014 - 05:16 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,145 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Although I am a believer that aliens are here,

Joking aside, Can I ask what actually makes you believe aliens are here?

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

I could throw a pinball in the air and it would look exactly like what I've seen. The data for the photo would all be raw and the photo untouched. You can't trust any of it.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,138 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Postseeder, on 14 May 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Joking aside, Can I ask what actually makes you believe aliens are here?
Wishful thinking and fantasy.

Attention please.  There are no ET's visiting the planet Terra.  The likelihood of ET's visiting Terra are so small it's not realistically worth considering.  It's fantasy.

#11    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Because we've never been visited, that's why.
Believing something doesn't make it true.

#12    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

What we need is a video or better yet, videos of a craft with a clear structure flying on a controlled path for several minutes being continuously seen and tracked by multiple independent witnesses (with reasonably consistent descriptions) and then flying off into the stratosphere or disappearing.

After sixty years we still don't have any evidence of this quality. We only have random isolated photos and videos of UFO's appearing and disappearing. Despite many detailed reports of elaborate spacecraft, UFO's in videos are rarely more than a dot.

#13    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,411 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

If the pics and clips of the supposed UFOs were clear and sharp, it would be seen without any doubt that the
"UFO" that was photographed or filmed was not a space craft of extraterrestrial origin.
BTW, search results today for "UFO":
Google   : 46.200.000
YouTube:   6.080.000

Edited by toast, 14 May 2014 - 07:38 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#14    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,199 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

What's that in the sky? It looks like a rock, it must be THE ZOSER SIGNAL!

Jesting aside, I asked much the same question and got much the same answer, we're not getting a convincing or at least inarguable, Exhibit A because there's nothing irrefutable to show.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#15    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

Proof will not come in pictures, moving or not.

Also tagged with evidence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users