Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Bob Lazar. He's back in the news...

• Please log in to reply
1341 replies to this topic

#1    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,736 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Here's the news report dedicated to Bob Lazar...on the 25th anniversary of when he first made public
what was going on at S4 in Area 51...

He has his detractors and also people who believe him. I am one of the people who believe him,
in spite of the accusations that have been repeatedly thrown at him ...

John Lear pops up in the report saying it was the most exciting period of his life..
Lazar's friend Gene Huff says he wouldn't make things up...
Friedman also makes an appearance backtracking a bit on what he has said about Lazar in the past...

There's a bit about element 115...

Near the end around 5:17 Bob says..."Look, I know what happened is true - there's no doubt, period."

The newscaster poses the question..why would a top secret programme let him in?
Then says one theory is that maybe someone predicted that he would spill the beans
and was chosen because they wanted the UFO story to be planted...

She then said 'Lazar told us he can't rule that out entirely.'....

I loved seeing an older Bob Lazar...

Enjoy!

#2    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

POPULAR

That man is a complete liar,a quick look at his claimed education would reveal that.

#3    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,736 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

dr no, on 15 May 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

That man is a complete liar,a quick look at his claimed education would reveal that.

Congratulations dr no no for being the first detractor to make an appearance...

:lol:

:tu:

#4    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

He is a classic player in the ufo bizz no matter if he's a lier or not.  He is but he's provided us all with entertaining moments.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#5    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,736 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hoorah for Lazar.....

yes he is a classic player....class..... ;)

#6    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Crikey - the fellow is still around?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#7    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,691 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Never heard of this guy before because Im not big on alien stuff but he seems legit to me. I dont believe he lied.

I dont know about aliens though, I have always had an inkling that UFOs are just top secret tech our government is working on.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#8    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,736 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

In the news report they say he was coaxed to appear in it....

He is now running a Scientific Supply business with his wife...

#9    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,736 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

spartan max2, on 15 May 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Never heard of this guy before because Im not big on alien stuff but he seems legit to me. I dont believe he lied.

Thanks for that...

:tu:

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

I dont know about aliens though, I have always had an inkling that UFOs are just top secret tech our government is working on.

You should read up on him if you have some time to kill. It's quit fun stuff. If you do most likely your opinion will change.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#11    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,805 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

POPULAR

There's little doubt that he lied about his academic qualifications.  He claims to hold degrees from both Caltech and MIT yet no-one who has investigated this claim could come up with any evidence that it is true, when in fact it should be trivially easy to prove that you graduated from prestigious institutions like that.

If this thread continues the way the previous threads have, expect certain people to continue to defend him despite this awkward fact by trying to handwave away this evidence of his dishonesty by claiming that his lack of academical credentials is something that simply hasn't been proven, is open for debate, etc.

The guy is a proven fraud.  What does it say about people who are aware of the above facts yet continue to insist he's the real deal, genuine, etc.?

Edited by JesseCuster, 15 May 2014 - 08:27 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#12    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,229 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

I thought the whole "Element 115" stuff was resoundly disproven when we did discover "Element 115" and it didn't match the characteristics Lazar gave it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,197 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

nevermind :lol:

Edited by seeder, 15 May 2014 - 09:45 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#14    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,691 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

The Silver Thong, on 15 May 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

You should read up on him if you have some time to kill. It's quit fun stuff. If you do most likely your opinion will change.

Will do :tu:

JesseCuster, on 15 May 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

There's little doubt that he lied about his academic qualifications.  He claims to hold degrees from both Caltech and MIT yet no-one who has investigated this claim could come up with any evidence that it is true, when in fact it should be trivially easy to prove that you graduated from prestigious institutions like that.

If this thread continues the way the previous threads have, expect certain people to continue to defend him despite this awkward fact by trying to handwave away this evidence of his dishonesty by claiming that his lack of academical credentials is something that simply hasn't been proven, is open for debate, etc.

The guy is a proven fraud.  What does it say about people who are aware of the above facts yet continue to insist he's the real deal, genuine, etc.?

Like I said first Iv heared of him

Edited by spartan max2, 15 May 2014 - 09:31 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,197 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

JesseCuster, on 15 May 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

I feel the same frustration and disbelief

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users