Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is with the bold print.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,623 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

Some of my post are coming up with half bold print and I am not doing it.  Then when I edit to make it unbold it won't do it.  Am I the only one this is happening to?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,446 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

Does it by any chance involve copying & pasting from anything? It can come up with some peculiar effects when you do that.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

Some of my post are coming up with half bold print and I am not doing it.

Can you link us to an example ?

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,623 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

I sent one to you as a report.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

The second half of the post is using the following tags:
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(245, 249, 253)]

Did you do anything different between the text before and after the styling change ?

#6    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,623 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

No, I just typed in and posted then I tried to edit and it won't edit back to regular type.  It just did it again.

http://www.unexplain...2

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

Perhaps your browser is inserting these fonts somehow, I've never seen this issue before.

If you click the light switch icon at the top left hand corner of the editor you can view the actual code, this will allow you to remove any additional font styling tags that you have in the post.

#8    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

You can also highlight the whole post and click the eraser icon (2nd from left top row of icons) to remove all formatting before you click post.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users