Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unique long-necked dinosaur discovered

diplodocid sauropods leikupal laticauda long-necked dinosaur patagonia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Scientists say fossils found in Argentina's Patagonia region provide the first evidence that a family of long-necked, whip-tailed dinosaurs survived beyond the Jurassic period, when they were thought to have gone extinct.

http://www.telegraph...-Argentina.html

Posted Image

#2    Kenemet

Kenemet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

More information at this link -- they're calling it the "tiniest" of the species, but "tiny" here is relative (9 meters, or about 19 feet)
http://www.iflscienc...d-south-america

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

Very interesting. I was just reading about this.

Supposedly diplodocid branch dinosaurs died out 145 million years ago, but these new fossils may be only from 66 million years ago?

Edited by DieChecker, 24 May 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users