Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giant tracks Endau Rompin forest reserve

johor baru endau rompin forest reserve tracks footprints sia chwee khim lim teong kheng bigfoot endau rompin elephant tiger

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,027 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

It's a strange sight indeed - three sets of muddy footprints, one set looking like it belonged to a tiger, another like it was an elephant's and the last resembling a human's but much bigger in size.

http://www.thestar.c...tirees-puzzled/

Posted Image

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

I'd make a lousy tracker.
I see Monet water lilies, but that's just me.

#3    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

As the footprints continue forward, they should become less distinct as mud is deposited on the road. I may be looking at the picture wrong, but it appears that all of the footprints are equally muddy. There is the possibility that Bigfoot has feet that are similar to an ink-filled rubber stamp, but I suspect a prankster has been at work here.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#4    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Forefoot matches up with Josh Gates' (Destination: Truth) plaster cast of 2006:

Posted Image

source

Johor Malaysia Nature Society chairman Vincent Chow said he received news of the “Bigfoot” prints the day it occurred, adding that it was quite impossible to be a prank because the footprints went on for more than 1km.

“It could be an upright bipedal primate that has yet to be discovered,” he said, adding that there had been many sightings of these footprints, especially by the locals, but the authorities often did not take them seriously.

Note that Vincent Chow has faked Bigfoot evidence before - Johor Hominid Photos: Hoax!

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#5    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,087 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

View Postsimplybill, on 17 May 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

As the footprints continue forward, they should become less distinct as mud is deposited on the road.

Not if the animals had to periodically veer off the road to avoid cars (note the mud along both sides of the road):

Posted Image

State Wildlife and National Parks Department (Perhilitan) director Hasnan Yusop said a team of officers conducted checks on the footprints and concluded that they probably belonged to an elephant.

“This could be a sluggish elephant which dragged its feet as it walked, resulting in an elongated print,” he said.

Domesticated Asian elephants are used in the timber and construction industry as well as for tourism...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 18 May 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

I've always thought Gate's foot  odd looking, a bit reptilian-bird-like.  I'd like to see some theories as to the actual animal that could walk on such a foot. And what the actual foot would look like.

I would assume Josh Gate's and Crew every "destination" is well-known by locals, etc long before they arrive in a country. The villages they'll visit the people they'll talk to the paths they'll walk.

Have they ever shown the locals how to make plaster casts or collect evidence since these creatures are allegedly seen and known by them?

Does any monster hunter's curiosity extend one second after filming ends or after they fly home? Even after finding "evidence"?

I would think a quiet village in the jungle would be a perfect setting for spotting an elusive species, rather than crossing a highway in front of your car or stealing a dog from your urban backyard.

And not to forget the aforementioned (Cryptomundo) "Fund-Raising" aspect objects like this present.

Does it even match any other Malaysian (Wild Hairy Giant) footprints?

I think I can guess where FB will be heading this season. Chasing windmills and water lilies...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 18 May 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,795 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

The 4 toe prints remind me of the foot of an Indian Rhino. Maybe a rhino ran down the road and it's tracks were overlapping?

Or maybe a juvenile elephant? Again with overlapping prints.

I do think the Johor Baru reserve has had reports of tall ape men. If I am remembering right. But these prints look way big even for a giant bigfoot type creature.

View Postsimplybill, on 17 May 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

As the footprints continue forward, they should become less distinct as mud is deposited on the road. I may be looking at the picture wrong, but it appears that all of the footprints are equally muddy. There is the possibility that Bigfoot has feet that are similar to an ink-filled rubber stamp, but I suspect a prankster has been at work here.

The bottom of an elephants foot is often riddled with cracks and is very spongy. Mud could be deposited as footprints for quite some distance.

Rhino foot.
Posted Image

Elephant's foot.
Posted Image

Edited by DieChecker, 18 May 2014 - 05:23 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Could it be elephants in a row (single file column) and by sheer coincidence a trailing smaller elephant in the column steps right behind the leading larger elephant(s) footprint because their gates a extremely similar malking a "footprint" that "looks" "human"(pareidolia(again)).

Edited by ancient astronaut, 18 May 2014 - 03:21 PM.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#9    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Whatever they are, the effect is interesting.

#10    maximusnow

maximusnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• Science is a road trip and facts are the photos we take on the way, the fuel that propels us is ignorance.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 18 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

The 4 toe prints remind me of the foot of an Indian Rhino. Maybe a rhino ran down the road and it's tracks were overlapping?

I do think the Johor Baru reserve has had reports of tall ape men. If I am remembering right. But these prints look way big even for a giant bigfoot type creature.

The bottom of an elephants foot is often riddled with cracks and is very spongy. Mud could be deposited as footprints for quite some distance.

Rhino foot.

Elephant's foot.

I tthink you nailed this one, Overlap!
~Maximus

#11    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 18 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Rhino foot.
Posted Image

Elephant's foot.
Posted Image

Yea, dont think so..

#12    Paranomaly

Paranomaly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• If you want to know the truth follow your instincts and listen to your conscience.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

Yes, it is overlapping prints.

I mean from two different animals...

#13    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,496 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

Back footprint over front footprint.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#14    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,546 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

I wear 47 large . If i'll walk foot naked would i be a sask...:)?

Edited by qxcontinuum, 19 May 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#15    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

Could be big foot tracks cool if true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users