Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Surreal mushrooms

mushrooms

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

POPULAR

http://twentytwoword...gi-13-pictures/

These are stunning images.
Alice in Wonderland never saw anything this cool.

:)

Miss me?

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,262 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

My husbands a bit of a buff on mushrooms, not me though, but he did show me a Ascomycetes spore shooter once while we where mushroom hunting, amazing things are mushrooms.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

Wow, I've lived in Australia all my life, well since 3 yrs and have never come across the likes of these.  Of course, I can't say I have really looked - from here on in I am gonna be looking.  Simply beautiful.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

It's like Fantasia! Or the X-Files episode with the big underground digesty mushroom! :(

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#5    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,339 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:16 AM

Quite beautiful. I like to check out fungi up close. There are so many vibrant colors. Fungi living on things in caves are also quite intricate since there is no wind or rain to mat them down.

#6    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

Wow!  I always take pictures of mushrooms, but they are nothing like this.  They are amazing.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#7    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,785 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

oh, i like the fuzzy pinkish purple one with the insect on the side. just a remarkable picture.

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,474 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

Nature is so cool sometimes.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#9    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• 2,121 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

Mushrooms are so pretty :yes:

Being tough is the new square.

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 May 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

My husbands a bit of a buff on mushrooms, not me though, but he did show me a Ascomycetes spore shooter once while we where mushroom hunting, amazing things are mushrooms.
There's a forum dedicated to just mushrooms. How to forage, tell the difference. Medicinal properties.
The name eludes me just this sec.

It s quite interesting

Miss me?

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,262 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Mushrooms sure are interesting and some do have medicinal properties, but there are an awful lot of poisonous ones too, so in respect to all those who have let us know what NOT to throw in our bolognese, people today should read up on what they are picking...actually without proper knowledge, they should NOT pick or touch them at all. I can still hear my grandmother saying to me "do not pick any mushrooms and wash your hands straight away if you touch one by mistake, too many people have died already"

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Can i have one piece of that light blue colored mushroom and also one with pink?

They look adorable and i believe they make u adorable too, at least in your mind :D

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 23 May 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Can i have one piece of that light blue colored mushroom and also one with pink?

They look adorable and i believe they make u adorable too, at least in your mind :D

magic!
Posted Image

#14    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,128 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 May 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

As kids we used to go on family outings mushroom picking, my dad would look out for a potentially good field, park the car and off we'd go! Him and my gran were the 'experts' at knowing which ones were edible, they'd show us what to look for and would point out any that weren't. On a good day we usually managed to take home a decent sized bag full. It was fun but it was a long time ago and I wouldn't trust myself now to do that, I just buy them instead.

Posted Image

#15    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,128 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Ho Hum.

Check this one out:

kiss my mushroom.jpg

You can all kiss it.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

Also tagged with mushrooms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users