Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Australian PM and the "wink"

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Tony Abbott (The Australian PM) was confronted today as he tried to sell his tough budget to an angry pensioner who says she must work on an
"Adult Sex Line" just to get by.

What was the "wink" really about PM?

http://www.news.com....r-1226925020644

~ Never let anyone define who you are ~

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

I guess people who have been through deprivation with no government help tend to be less sympathetic.  Save while you are young or expect a bleak old age.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,295 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

He is, incidentally, the minister for women as well as PM.
Most of the country is hoping for a double dissolution before Christmas.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 21 May 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

I guess people who have been through deprivation with no government help tend to be less sympathetic.  Save while you are young or expect a bleak old age.
Do you mean people who have 'not' been through deprivation etc Frank?
If so, then I totally agree. As far as I am concerned he could not have cared less about this woman's situation.The true character of the man has certainly plummeted in my book.
He is naturally trying to "back tail" on this issue. But the camera caught his obnoxious true colours, and I'm glad that it did.

#5    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,611 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostAstra00, on 21 May 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Do you mean people who have 'not' been through deprivation etc Frank?
If so, then I totally agree. As far as I am concerned he could not have cared less about this woman's situation.The true character of the man has certainly plummeted in my book.
He is naturally trying to "back tail" on this issue. But the camera caught his obnoxious true colours, and I'm glad that it did.
Now if only it would make some real prime time coverage - but of course the Murdoch and Co consortium of media interests aren't gonna let that happen.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#6    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 21 May 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Now if only it would make some real prime time coverage - but of course the Murdoch and Co consortium of media interests aren't gonna let that happen.
Haha..still, they'll milk it for a while.... just like they did with his budgie smugglers. :innocent:  :-*

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

People in rich countries sometimes really get me how they expect to be taken care of but they don't give a thought to foreigners.

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,611 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 21 May 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

People in rich countries sometimes really get me how they expect to be taken care of but they don't give a thought to foreigners.
We pay taxes for our country to be governed for it's citizens.  Each country does the same, it isn't about how anyone feels about foreigners it is about making ends meet.  I don't go knocking on my next door neighbours door and comparing income then saying ok I have "x" more than you, would you like some? They don't knock on mine either, but if either of us screamed the other would come running (I hope) and give what help we could.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 21 May 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

I have always believed that one needs to take care of their own backyard first....also charity begins at home.
Countries like Australia have always been pretty generous with aide to less fortunate countries.

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

It's a total scam set up by the childish former Government, after all, schoolyard bickering tactics are their speciality.

She HAS to work in sex does she?? BS, Try seek dot com. She is also President of the Bullimba Bowls club - does she need to do sex work to pay her membership??

The former PM set her up to do it - LINK Cranky granny who grilled PM Tony Abbott over the Federal Budget on Wake Up not what she seems

In a campaign flyer for Mr Rudd, Mrs Ward is quoted as saying: “I know Kevin is genuine about helping other people in our local community. If you care about our community, I urge you to support Kevin. He’s one of us.”
Mr Rudd has also posted photos on Facebook of him and Vilma, who is president of the Bulimba Seniors Citizens Club.
In 2010 after Julia Gillard rolled Mr Rudd for the Labor leadership, Mr Rudd was keen to have a warm welcome back to Brisbane for the cameras. Who you gonna call?
Well, Vilma, of course!
The event was presented as a spontaneous welcome home party, but Vilma let slip to the media that the whole thing was organised by Mr Rudd’s electoral office.
“I’m going to kill you. It was at half past five last night that I knew about this,” she was seen saying to Mr Rudd.
She explained to journalists that Mr Rudd’s people had phoned her the night before, asking her to organise the event

They go way back it seems!

What I see here is that the Labor Government still have a great deal of growing up to do yet.

Edited by psyche101, 22 May 2014 - 03:27 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

Some of the messages above make we wonder if people think they inhabit a different planet or are different species.

#12    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 May 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

It's a total scam set up by the childish former Government, after all, schoolyard bickering tactics are their speciality.

She HAS to work in sex does she?? BS, Try seek dot com. She is also President of the Bullimba Bowls club - does she need to do sex work to pay her membership??

The former PM set her up to do it - LINK Cranky granny who grilled PM Tony Abbott over the Federal Budget on Wake Up not what she seems

In a campaign flyer for Mr Rudd, Mrs Ward is quoted as saying: “I know Kevin is genuine about helping other people in our local community. If you care about our community, I urge you to support Kevin. He’s one of us.”
Mr Rudd has also posted photos on Facebook of him and Vilma, who is president of the Bulimba Seniors Citizens Club.
In 2010 after Julia Gillard rolled Mr Rudd for the Labor leadership, Mr Rudd was keen to have a warm welcome back to Brisbane for the cameras. Who you gonna call?
Well, Vilma, of course!
The event was presented as a spontaneous welcome home party, but Vilma let slip to the media that the whole thing was organised by Mr Rudd’s electoral office.
“I’m going to kill you. It was at half past five last night that I knew about this,” she was seen saying to Mr Rudd.
She explained to journalists that Mr Rudd’s people had phoned her the night before, asking her to organise the event

They go way back it seems!

What I see here is that the Labor Government still have a great deal of growing up to do yet.
So Psyche....your saying that the woman who claimed to be "Gloria" ie: the on line sex worker was really Vilma whom was set up by the prior PM Kevin Rudd?
Hence Abbott's wink?  ;)

#13    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 May 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

Some of the messages above make we wonder if people think they inhabit a different planet or are different species.
What makes you say that Frank, can you be more specific please?

#14    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• 1,851 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

Hmm! that's funny....nothing in this latest article to confirm that "Granny Gloria" was really Kevin Rudd's old pal "Vilma" being used as a set up?

Sure your not barking up the wrong tree there Psyche ??

http://www.abc.net.a...-sleazy/5469488

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

View PostAstra00, on 22 May 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

What makes you say that Frank, can you be more specific please?
Things like "charity begins at home" as though the world were not our home and "we pay taxes for our country," (which simply means "for me, I don't care about you").  The selfishness of rich countries where the poorest have it great sometimes nauseates me -- especially their trade policies and their ways of preventing poor countries from allowing their workers to also make a "decent wage".  Folks we are all on the same planet and such beggar thy neighbor attitudes are foolish besides selfish and in the end hurt everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users