Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Guns can be deactivated via satellite

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,157 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

From the article:

A new technology that could allow authorities and others to literally “turn off” guns by remote control has been patented.
German arms maker Armatix GmbH has filed a patent for an improved smart pistol that can be shut down by a wireless signal.
“Preferably, the apparatus of the invention can be controlled remotely, for example via satellite and can send information to a satellite,” the European patent application for the gun says.
Armatix already makes one smart gun, the iP1 Personalized Pistol, that can only be fired by a person wearing an “Intelligent Watch.” The watch sends out a wireless identification signal that activates a chip in the gun. The new pistol would have that feature and the remote control capacity.

Read the rest here

#2    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,918 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Do you reckon this story was planted by gun manufacturers in the good ol' US of A so that everyone rushes out to stock up before the NWO can introduce this latest in a long line of fiendish plans?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,157 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Admiral Rhubarb, on 21 May 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Do you reckon this story was planted by gun manufacturers in the good ol' US of A so that everyone rushes out to stock up before the NWO can introduce this latest in a long line of fiendish plans?
Mmmmmmm.......................could be.

#4    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

My old 22 rifle is tech proof.    How popular are these guns going to be?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#5    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Berserker

• 2,266 posts

• Viking and Pagan at heart. Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

OverSword, on 21 May 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

From the article:

A new technology that could allow authorities and others to literally “turn off” guns by remote control has been patented.
German arms maker Armatix GmbH has filed a patent for an improved smart pistol that can be shut down by a wireless signal.
“Preferably, the apparatus of the invention can be controlled remotely, for example via satellite and can send information to a satellite,” the European patent application for the gun says.
Armatix already makes one smart gun, the iP1 Personalized Pistol, that can only be fired by a person wearing an “Intelligent Watch.” The watch sends out a wireless identification signal that activates a chip in the gun. The new pistol would have that feature and the remote control capacity.

Read the rest here

If it works.  Which I doubt it being possible.  And there's one other thing:  how in the heck are they going to market such a weapon to ANYONE?  No one in their right mind would want one of those.

Be warned...I am protected by gods that you are not prepared to deal with.

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,359 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Gun control is

Hida Akechi, on 21 May 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

If it works.  Which I doubt it being possible.  And there's one other thing:  how in the heck are they going to market such a weapon to ANYONE?  No one in their right mind would want one of those.

They may have trouble marketing something like that here in the US, but not in other countries where gun control is the norm, not the aberrance.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

This discussion will heat up when such  DE- activation chips are made mandatory on all new guns.  :w00t:

Edited by lightly, 21 May 2014 - 09:17 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Berserker

• 2,266 posts

• Viking and Pagan at heart. Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Child of Bast, on 21 May 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Gun control is

They may have trouble marketing something like that here in the US, but not in other countries where gun control is the norm, not the aberrance.

Oh, I agree with that, but in those countries that lack the desire for self-protection, why would this gun make any sort of difference?  Why by this gun at all?

Be warned...I am protected by gods that you are not prepared to deal with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users